Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wicket

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1st ball after tea... Moeen turns one away from the left-handed Dickwella and Stokes takes a good low catch at slip... 190-6

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Seven down... Moeen Ali gets another... this one gripped, bounced and was spooned by Mathews to Buttler at a short mid-wicket.

197-7

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's all over, Sri Lanka 250 all out... England win by 211 runs with a day to spare :clap:

Herath run out going for a dodgy second... ends his career sprawling in the dust :(

Foakes 107, Jennings 146*, Stokes 62, Curran 48, Moeen Ali 8 wickets (4 + 4) and Leach 5 (3 + 2) :clap2:

16 wickets for the three England spinners.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's all over, Sri Lanka 250 all out... England win by 211 runs with a day to spare :clap:

Herath run out going for a dodgy second... ends his career sprawling in the dust :(

Foakes 107, Jennings 146*, Stokes 62, Curran 48, Moeen Ali 8 wickets (4 + 4) and Leach 5 (3 + 2) :clap2:

Add Jennings' 46 in the first innings and he's clear MoM

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well that was just about the complete performance. Exciting times.

Foakes looks a superb keeper.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Add Jennings' 46 in the first innings and he's clear MoM

Not for me (Clive).

Foakes: century on debut, coming in at a perilous 103/5, and batting through to the end of the innings. Plus a quick-fire 37 in second innings. Couple that with keeping faultlessly on a turning pitch, standing up to the stumps for most of two whole innings, conceding not ONE single bye in the whole Test.

Him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
YJB should be made to wait for his chance to return...
Yes I’d say so. I wouldn’t drop Foakes after playing like that myself.

Looks like we are finally seeing a bit of depth to the squad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not for me (Clive).

Foakes: century on debut, coming in at a perilous 103/5, and batting through to the end of the innings. Plus a quick-fire 37 in second innings. Couple that with keeping faultlessly on a turning pitch, standing up to the stumps for most of two whole innings, conceding not ONE single bye in the whole Test.

Him.

Ooh I didn't realise that about the byes.

Jennings still edges it (pardon the pun) for me. When you look at the two scorecards and the wickets falling around Jennings in both innings and how he got us in to positions to take advantage I'd say he was the most instrumental in the victory. The rest of the top four scored 73 runs over the two innings.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not for me (Clive).

Him.
He was superb.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes I’d say so. I wouldn’t drop Foakes after playing like that myself.

Looks like we are finally seeing a bit of depth to the squad.

Sort out the top order, and then we'll be looking extremely strong. The real challenge is to win test series away in a range of continents. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sort out the top order, and then we'll be looking extremely strong. The real challenge is to win test series away in a range of continents. We'll have to wait and see on that one.
I wonder if the next time we’ll see Bairstow it’ll be as a batsman only at 1,2 or 3......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here