Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trivial things about footballers that really annoy you but shouldn't

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The inability to converse with anything other than inane cliches.

Except if they are foreign when they normally speak more articulately than so many British players...especially Scandinavians and the Dutch.

The perma scowl on Solly March’s face

Last edited:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The top players, Ronaldo the worst at this, who spend a great deal of time looking at the big screen in the stadium to check they are on it, so they can get their expression just right for the situation.. they don't appear to realise that everyone else can see them doing it before said expression is adopted.. gits..

E

the apparent refusal of subs to wear half of their playing kit so that it takes them 10 minutes to get ready to come on.

E

"he's not that kind of player" - he was when he broke that lads leg..

E

lying on the floor to ensure a Physio is bought on, normally to waste time, and then gesticulating angrily at the referee, imploring him to be let back on.. good example with a PSV player last night.. love it when the referee delays waving them on and watching the player wind themselves up into apparent fury..

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The whole WAG thing. To borrow a line from Squeeze 'it's funny how their missus always look the bleeding same'.

And everyone is blond
And everyone is beautiful
And when blondes and beautiful become multiples
They become so dull and dutiful

Rotterdam - Beautiful South

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Probably the obvious, but it always flummoxes me when a player goes down like he's just been shelled by a Panzer, rolls around screaming like Satan himself is disembowelling him with a hot poker.... then 2 minutes later he's sprinting along the touchline like nothing ever happened. :glare:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1. Gareth Bale's hair

2. Wearing gloves, with short sleeves

3. Players kneeling in the centre circle to pray before a penalty shoot out (yes you, David Luiz & friends). I accept you have your religious beliefs and I fully respect them, but if there is a God, would it not be entirely wrong for him to use his all-seeing powers to decide the outcome of a penalty shoot-out? In what way is it Christian to pray to win said shoot-out (and therefore for somebody else to miss and lose)?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also, that face Wilfried Zaha does when referees don't give him what he wants (seen about fifteen times per game), the incredulous, pathetic, smiley one.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sure someone who has played football to a level will be able to tell me why they do this.....but I go MENTAL at the following scenario.

Player X receives a crunching tackle and is on the floor. It's not looking good. The manager waves back one of his subs. "Dave. You're coming on".

Dave TROTS back and sits on the bench.

Then......ah I'm getting angry again.......THEN he spends THREE MINUTES, looking around for shin pads, stripping off, doing up tape, looking for a SHIRT, taking off a T shirt, putting on the shirt, pulling up the socks.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?

Why aren't the players just in their kit under the warmer clothing!? It's MADNESS.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
2. Wearing gloves, with short sleeves

Nope, no problem with that.

I HATE playing in long sleeves.......but I also HATE having Ice cold hands. It's horrible.

Running around keeps you warm so a long sleeved shirt really isn't needed, but no amount of running around saves the FINGERS from the wintery hell of a Sunday league match in January wind and rain.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The holding the face and falling down when someone dares to NUDGE their head into yours is just the worst isn't it.

Adam El Abd got a few people sent off doing it and I died inside.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Also, that face Wilfried Zaha does when referees don't give him what he wants (seen about fifteen times per game), the incredulous, pathetic, smiley one.

tumblr_pdvgr3jXdu1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

After something like this :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here