Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Cardiff

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agree, just as long as he doesn't lash out at Bennett, bainesesque style. It will be physical so he's going to need his head properly screwed on

Good point. Keep Bruno near him at all times for reassurance.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
March did get an assist on Saturday !

Would like to see AK in for AJ as unsure exactly what AJ is doing yet.

Got to be worth a gamble putting Locadia or And one number 10 playing near GM.

Not like we are trying a keeper there and its not like its massively working with a winger there.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Anyone with March in there team clearly don’t watch the team

Chris Hughton and his staff, have March in 'there team'. I expect they 'watch the team'.

, he offers nothing ,

Well, actually he offered a perfect assist for our most recent PL goal, so that's 'something'.

we must b the only team with wingers in the team where the manager is more worried about how good they r at defending rather than getting in behind there back four

March wasn't playing as a winger, and hasn't for about 6 games.

March is not premier league

Well, he's featured in every single Premier League match this season, for a side sitting 12th in the table, which suggests he is 'Premier League', whether you think he should be or not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno....Duffy...Dunk... Bernardo
Schelotto Stephens Kayal Izquierdo
Pascal Groß
Andone​

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
We seem to get +>10% out of Bruno and Knocky when they are playing together. That's a no-brainer for me on Saturday.

Against Cardiff I would certainly risk playing Andone up front. We really must start getting players closer to Murray and March hasn't convinced me at all in the No 10 role and Locadia.........well..........I'm not convinced he is an option for anywhere at any time.

I think Bong has been iffy this season; seems to lose his player too often, so I would certainly be inclined to give Bernardo another go. We paid £9m for the fella so he must have something about him.

But whatever personnel are selected, we need to get the attitude right. Are we really going to sit back and concede territory and possession to Cardiff? I would bloody well hope not.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone with March in there team clearly don’t watch the team , he offers nothing , we must b the only team with wingers in the team where the manager is more worried about how good they r at defending rather than getting in behind there back four . As a club we r not ruthless enough March is not premier league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an assist saturday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On what grounds?

Bissouma has scored three goals in his entire first-team career, and hasn't looked like scoring so far in an Albion shirt.

Kayal has a match-winning assist and a match-winning goal in the last four games. Bissouma had one huge chance to put the Newcastle game to bed, and bottled it.

Kayal is well worth his place right now.

If Pröpper were fit, then Kayal might also be a consideration for the #10 role. He is one who just might have the energy to cover the ground that Groß does.

Bissouma scored a cracking free kick in a friendly v AFC Wimbledon
Kayal match winning goal I doubt that he knew anything about that as the ball just hit him en route to the goal
Based on the 3 games prior to Everton I would agree he is worth a place but I would suggest that he be played at no 10 instead of March so that he is not defending and tackling around our penalty box too often
Based on the Everton game he would struggle to make the U23s side but I accept that was a one off bad performance.and not his usual.

So in summing up I would consider Bissouma replacing Kayal alongside of Stephens and Kayal replacing March behind Murray but personally I would prefer us to go at Cardiff with 2 up front.
I would play Knockaert but am a little concerned that Joe Bennett knowing he isnt able to stop him will try to get him carded early to nullify his threat.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Chris Hughton and his staff, have March in 'there team'. I expect they 'watch the team'.

Well, actually he offered a perfect assist for our most recent PL goal, so that's 'something'.

March wasn't playing as a winger, and hasn't for about 6 games.

Well, he's featured in every single Premier League match this season, for a side sitting 12th in the table, which suggests he is 'Premier League', whether you think he should be or not.

One assist in god knows how many games it’s a no from me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fault . No just my opinion that he’s not good enough fast becoming the new marmite player nothing personal . If we are to kick on then we need better .How poor must Andone be if March is ahead of him in the pecking order .

For all the reasons you've said it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is March went on to become our ultimate 'well he never did that for us'.

He spends most of his time behind Bruno.
He rarely gets the chance to go up field
When he does he is capable of great skill.
He receives a fair few groans for the final ball.

I can see him going to a team where he isn't played out of position, either in defence or through the middle and ending up being the player we all want him to be.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
For all the reasons you've said it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest is March went on to become our ultimate 'well he never did that for us'.

He spends most of his time behind Bruno.
He rarely gets the chance to go up field
When he does he is capable of great skill.
He receives a fair few groans for the final ball.

I can see him going to a team where he isn't played out of position, either in defence or through the middle and ending up being the player we all want him to be.

Yep agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here