Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go sober October - anyone manage it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having never drunk it was just another month, but hats off to all those who gave it a go.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Managed it with no great problems (so far), was considering carrying on until Christmas, but relented by buying 4 bottles of Golden Hen for the match on Saturday

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I lasted booze free for 2 weeks, it was loads harder than I thought...

Anyone else try / succeed / fail like me?!

Eh? Are you trying to trick folk who are doing it into drinking early?

It's still October for another 22.5 hours.

I know lots of people who are doing it - they have all stuck with it (if you couldn't, why do it to begin with?) and been rightly laughed at when asking for charity donations (eg "you're saving £500 by not drinking for a month, f***ing give that to charity yourself you ****") but they will no doubt get drinks bought for them come midnight tonight....

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What do you mean complete it? Still a day to go!?!

I drank once but in my defense it was a friends party which was fancy dress and I bought myself a golden ticket to do so. Two other people bought me golden tickets which I didn't use.

Raised £740 to date. Anyone else fancies sponsoring me (*cough* [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] *cough*) please feel free. https://www.gosober.org.uk/profile/philblackman

****!! Is that what a golden ticket is? Didn't bother checking. Having said that it's not been to bad. The first two weeks were the hardest when my brain would automatically think, 'Right, get myself a beer' whenever I walked into a bar, club, supermarket, anywhere that sold alcohol. The last 2 weeks have been easy, and without doing any exercise, and stuffing myself with biscuits more than usual I have lost 3kg.

Looking forward to a drink at midnight tonight.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
****!! Is that what a golden ticket is? Didn't bother checking. Having said that it's not been to bad. The first two weeks were the hardest when my brain would automatically think, 'Right, get myself a beer' whenever I walked into a bar, club, supermarket, anywhere that sold alcohol. The last 2 weeks have been easy, and without doing any exercise, and stuffing myself with biscuits more than usual I have lost 3kg.

Looking forward to a drink at midnight tonight.

I haven't found it too bad either. Hardest night out was the 2nd when I had a mate who was emigrating to NZ leaving do. After that it wasn't too bad. Saturday's have been tricky as I go and watch non league football where it is a given that you stand watching the game with a beer. Thankfully the games I've seen this month have been entertaining enough not to drive me to drink.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It's gone midnight where I live so cheers everyone. Well done to all those who made it.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Pretty much had to as the abdominal pains I've been getting have all pointed to considerable fatty liver disease.

Although I didn't remain totally free. Only had 2 pints in the whole month. That's versus a usual 80 pints, so I call that a win.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I did but then I've been teetotal for the last 20 years.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I find it hard enough to last a day without some kind of alcohol. Today will be no exception and will certainly need it around about 5.15 p.m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here