Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will we sign a new striker before man city game

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Certainly not before the weekend. Hughton alluded to the fact that it may be a player who isn't currently available.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Said in another thread, we should take a punt on Danny Ings.

I am sure that WA on BBC Sussex said that Danny Ings is not fully fit due to another injury.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
So .will we sign a new striker before man city game .i think we will have a new one today ??

I think we will have one before the end of the transfer window.

Like TB said.

Now I'm off to look at the other new striker threads....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's pretty clear what type of Striker we're after as we know we were keen on Abrahams. He is a No 9, who can hold the ball up, scores goal but more importantly is quick as well.

So we are looking for that same type of player IMO. I know we would love to get another Baldock type but let's face it, we're not going to go with 2 strikers very often like last year, so as someone else said, we're ensuring we have quality in the AM role instead.

It does beg the question though, if we're going for a new No 9 what does that mean for Murray/Hemed?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It's pretty clear what type of Striker we're after as we know we were keen on Abrahams. He is a No 9, who can hold the ball up, scores goal but more importantly is quick as well.

So we are looking for that same type of player IMO. I know we would love to get another Baldock type but let's face it, we're not going to go with 2 strikers very often like last year, so as someone else said, we're ensuring we have quality in the AM role instead.

It does beg the question though, if we're going for a new No 9 what does that mean for Murray/Hemed?

Hughton presumably wants to keep that option of 4-4-2 at times and with no loans then he'll need sufficient back up for inevitable injuries/suspension.
Can't get away , even if He sticks to 4-4-1-1 , with fewer in squad than Baldock, Hemed, Murray and A.Nother.
He'll use Brown as cover for Gross, Baldock and As a winger. And can Propper fill in for that #10 role ? As well as alongside DS ?

He has, as they say, plenty of options.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Hughton presumably wants to keep that option of 4-4-2 at times and with no loans then he'll need sufficient back up for inevitable injuries/suspension.
Can't get away , even if He sticks to 4-4-1-1 , with fewer in squad than Baldock, Hemed, Murray and A.Nother.
He'll use Brown as cover for Gross, Baldock and As a winger. And can Propper fill in for that #10 role ? As well as alongside DS ?

He has, as they say, plenty of options.

Can play DM, CM, AM - very skillful and versatile MF

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Squads will be cut down to 25 soon and we'll know who'll be available
Wenger was saying yesterday players will be on the move as squad to big, the same at most clubs
Expect a busy deadline day for our next sigining

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon that's a winger to replace skalak.
I can't believe it's my turn again, anyway here goes:-

'why don't we concentrate on filling the 25 places, before offloading someone else'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe the plan is to fill the side with attacking midfielders and be less reliant on strikers.

Which is a genius insurance policy. I have been critical of how the club struggles to complete transfers, but the actual business they've done so far is immense.

Certainly a cheaper one - How many years is it before an 'inflated market' becomes just 'the market'?

Anyhoo thanks to the positivity of Youtube highlight reels, I'm all in on Propper.

What has occurred to me is that Jamie Murphy is DP's ideal back up man (snigger).

The Albion's default setting has been to push the ball out wide to the wingers.
Murphy's default setting is to cut inside.
Jamie has always had to do that with the ball.

Now he won't have to make his move with the ball, as clearly Davy's stock pass is a diagonal forward ball to the corner of the penalty area.

Worst case scenario would be a free kick on the edge of the box, and who's now not excited by that!

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
Talk sport yesterday, when reporting the Davy propper signing, said we were also about to bid £12 million for Chris Wood.
Can't see Leeds selling for that price & personally I don't think he will be the answer to all of our striker wishes!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Talk sport yesterday, when reporting the Davy propper signing, said we were also about to bid £12 million for Chris Wood.
Can't see Leeds selling for that price & personally I don't think he will be the answer to all of our striker wishes!!

Unless it is £12m plus Hemed?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't believe it's my turn again, anyway here goes:-

'why don't we concentrate on filling the 25 places, before offloading someone else'.
This.

I know the knives are out in force today for Skalak, but let's fill the 3 remaining places in the 25 before grabbing the pitchforks for Jiri, Tomer etc.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I highly doubt Bloom and Hughton would be foolish enough to splash 12m on Chris Wood. I'm sure we've learnt our lesson last time we broke a transfer record on a top goal scorer from a division we just got promoted from.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Unless it is £12m plus Hemed?

I don't get all the hate for Hemed. Wood is shit. That Leeds side last year created so many chances and I know Wood scored a lot but for each one he scored he he sent five over the bar, shinned a couple out for throws or just fell over the ball. Not fit to clean Hemed's boots IMHO.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't get all the hate for Hemed. Wood is shit. That Leeds side last year created so many chances and I know Wood scored a lot but for each one he scored he he sent five over the bar, shinned a couple out for throws or just fell over the ball. Not fit to clean Hemed's boots IMHO.

If you were at the game Sunday, you'd know exactly why Hemed isn't the answer. Wood was the only striker I saw last season who Dunk struggled to contain. That is why he is worth over £12 million.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here