Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's happening up the Amex?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember sneaking into this one year to get my first view of the redeveloped East Upper, where I now sit (well, not now).

I find some of their views abhorrent, but absolutely defend their right to get together and smell each others' blowoffs if they so desire.

Decent wedge for the club as well, I presume.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
More importantly, will they start the weekend with a "hello ladies and gentleman"?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We're a business, not a left wing political party.

Profit is required.

Are you suggesting 'equality' is a left wing concept ?

The Equality Act in the UK was implemented by the Tories with very little adjustment. Equal marriage was a Conservative policy.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Are you suggesting 'equality' is a left wing concept ?

The Equality Act in the UK was implemented by the Tories with very little adjustment. Equal marriage was a Conservative policy.

I'm suggesting political violence and destruction of private property in western English speaking nations is overwhelmingly undertaken by the left.

JW's don't tend to cause any issues.

As such we're better to hire it out to the JW's.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
More importantly, will they start the weekend with a "hello ladies and gentleman"?

Going to guess it is more likely to be 'Hello Brothers and Sister' as apposed to the now more politically correct 'Hello siblings'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thankfully JW's aren't violent and destructive like these liberal left who go around smashing up others property and injuring people.

That's why it's a better bet for the club to deal with JW's than politically motivated morons.

'Like those liberal left'? Do you know what you sound like? A politically motivated moron.

I assume in leaving out 'violent and destructive' people on the far right - you know, those who go around 'go around smashing up others property and injuring people' don't count in your final analysis - just the 'liberal left'? :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Traffic building up on a27

Meanwhile, in answer to the OP's question (not that it's backing the traffic up on the A27) - here's some of the 206 new floodlights being delivered on Wednesday...

Lamp1.jpg

Lamp2.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
'Like those liberal left'? Do you know what you sound like? A politically motivated moron.

I assume in leaving out 'violent and destructive' people on the far right - you know, those who go around 'go around smashing up others property and injuring people' don't count in your final analysis - just the 'liberal left'? :facepalm:

I'm an individual motivated person. I don't spout a political party line.

I'd include the far right in there but the far right don't seem to turn up and undertake shit like we saw at the G20 summit.

Most right leaning protests seem to be 20 fat bald men that wave some flags and then go home.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Could you provide first-hand, peer-test evidence to back this claim up? Not third-hand, prejudicial hearsay - actual evidence. Official figures would be great. Thanks. :)

Like actual video evidence of the left acting like violent turds? Infringing on others personal space and ability to go about their daily lives?

Or evidence the left are turning universities from places of learning to places of stupidity?

Can provide a lot of that.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Given that we are now well out into the wilderness in terms of thread diversion, here's my approach to Jehovah's witnesses and such like knocking on the door.

• First tell them you are an atheist (this gets them a little excited, they do love a challenge)
  • Then tell them that you are prepared to open your mind and listen to them, acknowledging they may be right and you wrong (they will be starting to mutter 'Giggedy' under their breath such is the mounting excitement they are now struggling to contain)
  • BUT tell them there is a deal here. If you are going to be open to their views, they must be equally open to yours - fair enough right?
  • So explain that before you can engage with them you have to hear them tell you that they are prepared to open their own minds and say that they are open to changing their own beliefs and to admit you may be right about the absence of god
Enjoy watching them struggle, and fail, to work out the correct response...

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The club do not have to host this, they have no obligation to, its being done purely for profit, so I don't really get the relevance of the equality act.

I would imagine the club would have to provide a reason not to host this event. If they are unable to provide a reason, then they open themselves to litigation. It's not difficult to see the relevance of the equality act.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm suggesting political violence and destruction of private property in western English speaking nations is overwhelmingly undertaken by the left.

JW's don't tend to cause any issues.

As such we're better to hire it out to the JW's.

Nah. They just stab, shoot and run over people instead. Which is clearly nowhere near as bad as smashing some shit up.

What a massive ****wit.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I work with a couple of Jo-Ho's and they are both lovely chaps. Mad as a lorry load of monkeys but lovely chaps. Both off today actually to attend the big gathering at The Amex.

While I don't agree with pretty much 100% of their beleif structure - what I will say for em is that they do go about it all very pleasantly. Violence, aggression and hostility is just not in their nature - and I know because I have spent ten years winding them up directly ripping the piss out of their crackpot beliefs. I can directly insult their god to their face and they will just laugh along with it (I'm not advocating that by the way). Try that with a Catholic Preist or an Imam...

I do wish the government would make the door knocking illegal though. Part of the faith is to strictly adhere to the laws of the land so that would put a stop to that little pain in the arse straight away.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here