Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
What a load of ****ing shit this is. Five and a half hour drive in the fog for it to be called off just as I get to the P&R. Hotel booked too. ****ing great. I assume this fog wasn't around earlier so they couldn't have given a warning the game was in doubt?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Phew. Didn't fancy late night drive back to High Wycombe tonight as weather round here atrocious all day - limited visibility and very, very cold - so decided not to go anyway. Suppose it will be too much to ask to have it played on a Saturday afternoon...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Is that the first postponement of the amex era? Struggling to think of another one.

Another sick-note here not overly-gutted. Man-flu can be a terrible thing.

Yep first postponement at the Amex. With the undersoil heating and pitch drainage system fog is probably the only thing that could cause a game at the Amex to be called off.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
What a load of ****ing shit this is. Five and a half hour drive in the fog for it to be called off just as I get to the P&R. Hotel booked too. ****ing great. I assume this fog wasn't around earlier so they couldn't have given a warning the game was in doubt?
Fog has been around most the day in BN1 except for a couple of hours this afternoon. Met Office showing it was going to clear.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

You drove in it for 5 and a half hours, what more of a warning did you want?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone remember 76/77 - the match at Swindon - abandoned when we were losing 4-0. Although rather different, this could turn into a similar lucky break....

My best mate was making his debut in goal that game I see to remember.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep first postponement at the Amex. With the undersoil heating and pitch drainage system fog is probably the only thing that could cause a game at the Amex to be called off.
I think very heavy snow in the region may also be a possible cause of postponement.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Could work in our favour with this busy schedule over Xmas, Cardiff having had an extra days rest and Fulham playing tonight. Was at the bus (coach) stop ready to leave but can't say I'm that disappointed TBH...

May well help with the Fulham game but could cost us later particularly if the Newcastle game is delayed as well.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Put my back out today, recurrence of a very nasty historic back problem. Still struggled down to the pub with my lad to get a quick one in before the bus came, very happy to do the Frankenstein's monster walk home so I'm joining the 'not too disappointed ' brigade.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
First in the Swan first out.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
With reduced visibility the backed up traffic on a27 could have caused an accident, sensible decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here