Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Bedwetter or Team Rosy Spectacles?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This is something that always amuses me, the belief that the ANXIOUS fans will actually be embarrassed if/when we add some quality players, all the people who are not oozing confidence at the moment will be over joyed with new signings.

Which means that all the bed wetting was not necessary and they should of waited and see what happened before the close of the Transfer window then pass judgement like most of us are doing. I think people are just Impatient by nature, they want it NOW and cant wait. You say Anxious i say Impatient.

If by the end of the Transfer window we do not have a competitive team i for one will start to question TB and start to wet my bed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't agree with that either. I'm not concerned. I don't believe there is anthing to be concerned about. Concerned suggests there is something wrong
I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with how our club are trying to bring players in. What does seem wrong, is the amount of money coming in to some clubs, which can make a mockery of it all. I am concerned that no matter how well our team is run, it's possible we'll miss out on the players we're after because of clubs with half a billion to spend. I'm hopeful we'll have a good squad, but I am concerned it might not work out. I'm glad you're not though :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So someone who wets the bed isn't a bed wetter, but someone who's worried about signings is? That makes sense.
You want us to use the glorious language we've been blessed with, yet you don't have the best understanding of it yourself. Someone who wets the bed is clearly someone who has wet it more than once.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Which means that all the bed wetting was not necessary and they should of waited and see what happened before the close of the Transfer window then pass judgement like most of us are doing. I think people are just Impatient by nature, they want it NOW and cant wait. You say Anxious i say Impatient.

If by the end of the Transfer window we do not have a competitive team i for one will start to question TB and start to wet my bed.
So call people impatient, not bed wetters ffs. Not hard is it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You want us to use the glorious language we've been blessed with, yet you don't have the best understanding of it yourself. Someone who wets the bed is clearly someone who has wet it more than once.

And someone that wets the bed is either a child or someone with an actual incontinence problem, not someone who would like to see us sign some players. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it, bed wetter is in no way the right term to describe someone who is getting impatient,anxious,irritable.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
And someone that wets the bed is either a child or someone with an actual incontinence problem, not someone who would like to see us sign some players. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it, bed wetter is in no way the right term to describe someone who is getting impatient,anxious,irritable.

The Urban Dictionary disagrees.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bedwetter&defid=5912934

The name applied to a poster on an internet forum who gets upset by other posters and throws their toys out their pram, asking for posters to apologise, be banned, sending personal messages and on the whole pissing their pants and bed.
1) Suityou01 is a bedwetter
2) You bedwetter
3) This posters licks the chutney spoon and wets the bed.
4) This bedwetter is a benger

I do see where your point in relation to the term Bed Wetter although i found the above amusing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't matter how you try to twist it, bed wetter is in no way the right term to describe someone who is getting impatient,anxious,irritable.
Sure it is. It's simply a way of saying they're being childish. You still haven't come up with an alternative.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
bedwetter.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The funniest thing is the way the bedwetters then wet themselves about the term bedwetter being used! Priceless :laugh:
If you don't like the term bedwetter it means you are one.

That's a fact, that's a fact you can't deny.
To add to this: bitching about use of the term 'bedwetter' is such​ a wet bed thing to do.

Right. Now anyone complaining about people who say "Can I get..." are bedwetters, too. As are people who complain about mixed up "there/their/they're". Also, anyone saying "could/should of" instead of "could/should have" are bedwetters too.

Because being annoyed by a phrase, whether on the grounds of proper English or just as a sign of a lack of intelligence or ability to express oneself more eloquently or originally, makes you a bed wetter.

Fantastic.

And to think I usually role my eyes at those posters who claimed NSC isn't as good as it used to be.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Not impressed one bit by our transfer activity and think mid table is best we can hope for. If that makes me team bedwetter then so be it, stick me in there!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Because being annoyed by a phrase, whether on the grounds of proper English or just as a sign of a lack of intelligence or ability to express oneself more eloquently or originally, makes you a bed wetter.

Getting annoyed about stuff - especially how people use language - is one of the cornerstones of NSC, and long may it continue.

But if there's a better description than 'bedwetter' of one who proclaims our season dead and buried before the end of July then I'm all ears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here