Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lush

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Mixed emotions from me. On the one hand it’s poorly thought out but on the other it seems to do the trick. A woman had been lied to, manipulated into sexual relationships and conceived children in the name of police investigations, which I never knew until I read the article. And I wouldn't have read this article if it wasn't for the Lush campaign creating a media storm.

If you can look past the fact the campaign is deliberately provocative, all it presents are the facts of the cases and with aim to make "inquiry more transparent" which is beneficial to everyone, including those currently serving in the force. Sometimes you got to look at the final message, even if you don't agree with the delivery.

Very good post. This must've affected someone at the top of the company enough to do this when they know it will cause outrage and risk their business.

They're allowed to question police tactics if they want, it seems like they've highlighted some pretty despicable behaviour that you would only expect in a Soviet spy movie.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I personally associate Lush with vegan, anti-abortion, animal rights, true hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND, hippy protesters... the sort who don't use soap anyway so don't mind that Lush's products stink. exactly the sort of groups the undercover police were infiltrating the extreme fringes of..

That's weird because there is a lush in every city of the country, every shopping centre in the country and also they are in most western countries also. They are about as mainstream & chavvy as you can get.

Also I very much doubt that vegan, animal rights, tree hugging, ban-the-bypass, CND types would be anti abortion.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That's weird because there is a lush in every city of the country, every shopping centre in the country and also they are in most western countries also. They are about as mainstream & chavvy as you can get.

Chavy?! Nah, Why would Chavs be interested candles and soaps unless they were going to use the candles to burn shit down.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They're allowed to question police tactics if they want, it seems like they've highlighted some pretty despicable behaviour that you would only expect in a Soviet spy movie.

They are but have gone about it in about the poorest way possible. The campaign is fronted by a uniformed cooper - nothing remotely to do with undercover tactics. Take aim at an entire profession over one terrible, terrible operation? Seems a bit over kill.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
They are but have gone about it in about the poorest way possible. The campaign is fronted by a uniformed cooper - nothing remotely to do with undercover tactics. Take aim at an entire profession over one terrible, terrible operation? Seems a bit over kill.

Can't argue with any of that, they to seem to have used a sledgehammer to crack a walnut :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chavy?! Nah, Why would Chavs be interested candles and soaps unless they were going to use the candles to burn shit down.

Chavs would get their bath bombs at Poundland, who are cashing in, according to adverts I saw yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here