Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man U tonight

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By the way the BT coverage was a joke tonight. Before the game they were all talking about how United would win comfortably. Gerrard said “Sevilla aren’t that good”, McManaman predicted a battering. These guys are paid good money to watch football so how have they not noticed that United are slow, predictable and unable to beat even lowly PL sides easily? It’s lazy and thick to just spout superlatives about United based solely on their name. They’ve all had to backtrack now and are saying what a huge shock it is. It’s not. I called it at the start. I don’t know much about Sevilla but I do know that any team that qualifies for the CL from Spain must be decent and I said I thought they’d have a chance tonight. As it turned out they aren’t anything special by CL standards but they were always going to be more than good enough to give Mourinho’s hoofball merchants a game.

The BBC, Talksport, tabloids, broadsheets, ex non-ManU players etc etc all predicted a very comfortable victory tonight.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Always amusing to see the reactionary nonsense based on flawed logic after matches such as these.

Atletico Madrid went out in the group stages. Did you at the time conclude the Premier League was the strongest league as all the teams made it through?

Anyone who watched the two legs can clearly see United are better than Sevilla. They were shocking tonight, though. They constantly lost the wall, meaning their game lacked flow couldn't build up any momentum. Sanchez and Pogba when he came on did not turn up, along with the rest of their players. Looked like a bunch of strangers on the pitch.

La Liga consistently do better not just in the CL but also the Europa League.My opinion before this result was the same as it is now.
As for AM,they have a pretty good record in the CL.

Sevilla actually should have scored at least 2 other goals.

Sorry but the Prem just isn't all that.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Mourinho hasn't been doing THAT badly. The club is in a far stronger position now than it is when he went there. Most seasons they would still be in the title race with 65 points from 30 games, but of course this season City have won nearly every game which makes them look gash by comparison.

Add to that the style of play and the answer is clear. With the money spent, who would you prefer to run your team, Pep or the Special One?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It is what it is. Let’s see Chelsea against Barcelona.

And then there were two ..

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Mourinho hasn't been doing THAT badly. The club is in a far stronger position now than it is when he went there. Better this season than last, and I'm sure they'll be better next season. Most seasons they would still be in the title race with 65 points from 30 games, but of course this season City have won nearly every game which makes them look gash by comparison.

It's not just the results but the fact Mou sends you to sleep with his football.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Personally I don't think it's his his signings that have been the biggest problem, ( Sanchez aside, I'm sure he only signed him to keep him away from city, look at his record at Chelsea signing a lot of good young players and sending them out on loan), but rather he has no idea of how to put this team together, tactics, how to set them up etc.

All good for us come Saturday hopefully
To be fair winning the Champions league with clubs such as Porto and Inter Milan is a tremendous achievement. Strangely, with more fancied clubs like Chelsea, Real Madrid, and now Man U he has come up short.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
They do not have just the FA Cup to go for as although it is the only possible trophy, but more important is a Champions League qualification is in their sights not via Europa Cup.

You do realise they'll get a Champions League spot by finishing Top 4?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
La Liga is not the strongest league....it's actually weak bar a few teams.......

The Premier League is still the strongest league even if no teams make the semis of the CL.

It is the strongest due to the history, speed, physicality, weather, intensity, wages, and media frenzy..........Bottom half of La Liga is mainly Withdean stadiums in little towns.

I picked one ....I see what you mean about Withdean https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Estadi_Ciutat_de_València.png

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Since Mourinho and Guardiola joined last summer United’s net spend is just over £300m while City’s is just under £400m. So while City have outspent them it’s not a huge difference. Compare that to the team Pep hasn’t put together and the beautiful football they produce and you can surely see how woeful Mourinho is not only when it comes to spending, but also in creating a team with balance, purpose and an idea of exactly what it is trying to achieve. He’s a busted flush.

100m is not a huge difference...really? that is 1/3 of uniteds spend and that is just this year its not even including previous years. I cant believe you brushed that off as nothing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here