Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking dead

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is a shame is that the awful show-running is still getting some superb acting, particularly from Andrew Lincoln.He is having to carry the entire show on his back.

Even he's struggling to expand on his range of glazed over eyes in shock or grief repertoire.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've felt for a couple of seasons that the best thing that TWD could do is have a massive cull. Take out half the main cast, refocus it on a smaller group and get them back on the road. Every single season of the show where the main impetus has been finding somewhere has been vastly more interesting than the seasons where they've actually found somewhere. That lack of forward momentum kills the drama for me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No, I've been a big fan, but this season has been drawn out, little character development, hardly any plot, ridiculous amount of gunfire throughout considering only a little while ago it was a great prize to have someone who could make 1 bullet at a time. Neegan and Rick are now so 1 dimensional, they can't afford them to turn sideways to the camera. I've actually found myself loathing the characters I previously enjoyed watching. It's had no tension, no surprise, no real horror.

The potential is there, I liked the Neegan character, but there has been no background to him other than him mentioning his wife. How has he come to be how he is? Was he always an asshole? How did this transform in? Was there some trauma? Anything...Instead, they seem to think it's enough he does the same smile and weird relaxed posture and that's enough. He's almost laughable now from the terror we witnessed when we were first introduced to him.

It has been so bad, even though I've followed the journey this far, I doubt I'll bother again. A real shame.

If you did want to catch up, you could watch the first episode, then the last and you'd probably have a good idea of what happened inbetween.
Hmm think I'll sack it in with your summary!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
That poor boy was growing on me seems a shame to bring his character so far just to end him like that they must be taking a heavy detour from the comics

Do you think Kaaarl is going to die? Surely he'll be immune or something?

I agree with others though - it's been really disappointing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Generally agree with the gripes on here. The amount of shooting and not hitting anything has been comedic at times and the lingering slow mo's are also annoying. Also agree that it was much better when they were on the road trying to find a safe haven. They need to go back to the basics.
There have been good moments and great acting in amongst it. Ezekiel, Morgan, and Eugene have been brilliant and the scene between Carl and Negan in the mid season finale was fantastic.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Gave up end of last season

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gave up end of last season

I've given up too. What was once a decent horror series with compelling characters has become less about survival and more about ridiculous A-Team like battle sequences. The episode earlier this season when Rick and his pals fired hundreds of rounds of precious ammo to do nothing more than to break some windows was the final straw for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've given up too. What was once a decent horror series with compelling characters has become less about survival and more about ridiculous A-Team like battle sequences. The episode earlier this season when Rick and his pals fired hundreds of rounds of precious ammo to do nothing more than to break some windows was the final straw for me.
Indeed, it was a load of crap. Ammo shortages, but they all just hold their weapons in the general direction of the enemy and empty the mag on full auto. Then Rick and his arch enemy are in a fight with Lucille, and no one gets hurt. Morgan is left unconscious after being fired at with automatic weapons, and then he gets up unscathed - wtf?

jeremyfisher

Dec 8, 2013
Here's a graph of the imbd ratings for the show.

It's been getting worse season by season and this is the worst yet! walking dead.png

Have to say I agree with that.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It's gone from a good drama/horror to a version of The A Team. Gave up on it early this season. Sometimes less is more and the producers need to know when to stop. Game of Thrones is a case in point. It could go on for ever but they finally realised 1 more season and it will end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here