Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham FC need your help

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is there any way of signing it so change.org don't think I've 'joined' them? I've signed petitions with them twice before and then I keep getting emails about other petitions "I might be interested in". Spammy wankers.

EDIT: I'll try it with a fake email address. I don't think they use a validation system before adding your sig.

EDIT2: Yeah, that seemed to work, so signed. My fault originally for using my real email address.

brightonwarrior

Jan 25, 2015
[MENTION=177]Brovion[/MENTION] if you go to the bottom of one of the emails they have sent you and click unsubscribe then they will stop spamming you with emails. hope this helps

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
@Brovion if you go to the bottom of one of the emails they have sent you and click unsubscribe then they will stop spamming you with emails. hope this helps

Yeah, I've done that the last two times. I just didn't like the assumption that I'd 'joined' them and thus I had to make an effort to get myself off their lists

#lazyandmiserableoldgit

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Signed and will share in due course. Makes my blood boil the council would allow such a big part of our town's heritage to crumble and die.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I was very surprised that the application was rejected.

I think that the main reason is that the proposed 'club house' is a two story building, where the football club plan to host events to raise money to support themselves, and that they planned to charge outside organisations for using the all
weather pitches.

IMO neither are good enough reasons for rejection.

I'm sure this will go through on appeal.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you haven't done this yet, please do, just reading the notes, it seems a pointless decision to turn this down.

https://www.change.org/p/christine-...&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

"The location was suggested by Horsham District Council, supported by thousands of local people, and received Planning Officer's recommendation for approval. However, at the application hearing in January 2015, local councillors ignored the above and voted against the community facility, citing reasons such as lack of cycle lane and scaring horses.

This would be a modest home, virtually hidden behind trees, on existing leisure land next to Horsham Golf and Fitness.

It would provide a safe, all-weather 3G pitch which could be used by the entire local football community, including our own youth teams of, U15s, U16s and U18s, as well as other adult and children’s teams across the district who either have nowhere to play or train, or face dangerous frozen and waterlogged playing fields in winter.

The land in question is two redundant golf holes.

The closest residential area to the proposed football pitch (Denne Park) would be quarter of a mile away – that’s the same distance as from Horsham Station to the Carfax. Moreover, the ground would be entirely screened from view by woodland."

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
No mention in the petition blurb that the total plans include the construction of 57 houses - a development needed to fund the whole project.

I'm happy to support any club in a search for somewhere to build a ground but I do think it's a little naughty to be selective with the facts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No mention in the petition blurb that the total plans include the construction of 57 houses - a development needed to fund the whole project.

I'm happy to support any club in a search for somewhere to build a ground but I do think it's a little naughty to be selective with the facts.

Fair point, I didn't realise that. It might be worth noting that HDC are allowing hundreds of houses to be built all around the town, and most of them very close to this proposed development, I wonder if the developers of the huge new estate have any influence in getting (other) small schemes like this turned down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here