Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Cousins

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
FWIW Birmingham have thrown their hat into the ring for Cousins now, according to a SE London rag's 'exclusive':

http://m.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14..._rivals_in_showing_interest_in_Charlton_star/

If true then I suspect they might be in the driving seat, since there have been reports for a while that we want David Davis from Brum as a replacement for Cousins, so maybe a swap + cash deal is on the cards?
Well chief scout Ewan Chester went to Birmingham, so maybe not the biggest surprise.

I think if he was signing for Brighton it would have been done by now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ajose not a done deal yet (could well be gazumped by a Championship side) although Lee Novak was confirmed this morning.

Ricky Holmes is likely a replacement for Gudmundsson rather than Cousins.

I don't think any Charlton fans expect us to keep Lookman, Gudmundsson or Cousins. Vetokele has already gone out on loan, and many/most of Pope, Solly, Fox, Texeira, Bauer, Diarra, Kashi and Watt are likely to go too.

Cutting one's cloth, as they say, but at least it looks like the replacements will include players in their 20s with decent FL experience, rather than just untried kids and Belgian non-leaguers (which is what we'd expect of our current owner).

where's vetokele gone ....he looked quite handy at the start of the season.....did he get an injury...?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
where's vetokele gone ....he looked quite handy at the start of the season.....did he get an injury...?

He's gone to Zulte Waregem (a Belgian team) on a season's loan with an option to buy next summer. He had a few great games early on, but then got found out and has struggled with injuries etc. We paid £2.5m for him and presumably want to try and sell him (for maybe half what we paid?) but because of his injury record - and none too impressive 1 in 5 scoring record - I guess no-one will risk it without taking him on loan first. He still has three years left on his Charlton contract I believe.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's gone to Zulte Waregem (a Belgian team) on a season's loan with an option to buy next summer. He had a few great games early on, but then got found out and has struggled with injuries etc. We paid £2.5m for him and presumably want to try and sell him (for maybe half what we paid?) but because of his injury record - and none too impressive 1 in 5 scoring record - I guess no-one will risk it without taking him on loan first. He still has three years left on his Charlton contract I believe.

We were on the wrong end of one of those few great games early on. He was so good that day that I was surprised that he didn't go on to shine.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Obviously I cannot reveal my source but safe to say he is a very senior member of CA backroom team and has worked directly with Jordan for a number of years (although not recently). He said it was a done deal but they were just sorting out the details i.e. personal terms

09-06-2016, 13:21

Those personal terms didn't go very well then . . .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not that fussed if we miss out on him. Would be behind Kayal, Stephens, and Sidwell in selection and competing with Towell for 4th choice.

He would have been 3rd choice right back as well, but we're signing a different player for that role now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not that fussed if we miss out on him. Would be behind Kayal, Stephens, and Sidwell in selection and competing with Towell for 4th choice.

He would have been 3rd choice right back as well, but we're signing a different player for that role now.

I'm the opposite to this.

Think this would be a fantastic signing and would love it if we could get.

Age 22 and 2 player of the seasons under his belt already (In championship too). Higher stock than Goldson.

125 games experience.

Our squad cost us last year, this is exactly the player we need to bolster the options.

Perfect age as an investment too.

If it is an option then I hope we go all out for it.

Stumpy Tim

I'm the opposite to this.

Think this would be a fantastic signing and would love it if we could get.

Age 22 and 2 player of the seasons under his belt already (In championship too). Higher stock than Goldson.

125 games experience.

Our squad cost us last year, this is exactly the player we need to bolster the options.

Perfect age as an investment too.

If it is an option then I hope we go all out for it.

is the correct answer. In my opinion like

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Might CH be tempted to turn him back into a centre back? He could prove to be a very useful utility player.

If only he could (a) jump and (b) head the ball........... neither of which, from observation, he is very good at.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
speaking to a QPR season ticket holder today and he gets the impression they will go all out for him (even though he said they didn't particularly need him)

Cant see us going to high unless we are losing Kayal or Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here