Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm off to the chippy, whaddya want?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not far. I'm 3 miles from Penzance. You know the area?

Myself and friend had a fishing holiday down there in October, stayed at a farmhouse near Carn Euny in the middle of the peninsular. Was great fun, fished Lamorna Cove, Sennen Cove at night in the surf, down underneath the Minack too. Nice area but the real country roads are a nightmare to get around. I would recommend the little chippy on the crossroads on the main road through Newlyn as a tip.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Myself and friend had a fishing holiday down there in October, stayed at a farmhouse near Carn Euny in the middle of the peninsular. Was great fun, fished Lamorna Cove, Sennen Cove at night in the surf, down underneath the Minack too. Nice area but the real country roads are a nightmare to get around. I would recommend the little chippy on the crossroads on the main road through Newlyn as a tip.

Loverly, thank you. If you're ever down that way again come and fish Woonsmith lagoon, my land is right next to it and you'll have a place for the night. Day passes available. It is stunning. I'll be there permanently from March.

http://www.spotfish.co.uk/fishery/woonsmith-lagoon

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Fish, chips, salt 'n vinegar. Ketchup and pickled onions if there are any left.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother in law is a fisherman and he says its correct name is dog fish and what we call skate is actually wray as there hasnt been a true skate caught off the south coast for about 10 years. I still ask for Huss for wife, too sweet for me, and skate.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nadgers. My indian just arrived. I am all takeaways this week. Tweaked a back muscle yesterday morning that's had me in agony since - causing me to read of last night's events, which i had tickets for, and feeling nothing but envy - so i am in the hands of delivery people, the one that just brought my korma only had one eye. Attempted a walk to the Costcutters this afternoon just 50m away and had to sit down 3 times on the way there and the same on the way back. Still, got my soya milk.

Next time, i'll have whatever they have from their veggie list. Preferably battered. Cheers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lobster Thermidor, pomme frite, petit pois, and a bottle of Crystal please

We're well posh in BN14

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I discovered the other day that Doritos hot salsa dip goes really well with slightly overlooked chips.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here