Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 'Champions' league tonight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hoddle on Barcas 4th ''you cant give Messi that time and space''....wtf BG could have scored that ....with his eyes shut

Only because he had no one on him. Spurs shape was ripped to bits.

Brilliant game of football. Rumours of Barca’s demise have been exaggerated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bad night for the PL clubs in the CL. Both outplayed.

I would have like to have seen Spurs take them on with a full strength side, not saying the result would have been different but you take out Eriksen, Dembele,Alli, Jan and potentially Aurier and replace them with half fit players the result was never really going to be in doubt.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Paying the price for not improving the squad for some time. A relatively small number of injuries completely ruins them.

I’m not sure 5/6 key injuries is a small number

But it was a massive **** up not to sign anyone, the whole can’t improve the starting 11 is a load of crap as well.

Before you even go into ability how often does a so called best 11 play together in a season and they are all in form?

Can’t wait till ENIC sell up for the profit and leave, Levy is happy to charge the current inflated rates, but won’t pay them.

I’d like to think I’m fairly realistic and I don’t think spending 50/60 million in the summer is unreasonable.

Tottenham is a perfect club to manage/own there is never any real pressure to win anything.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d say it’s only Eriksen and Dembele that you couldn’t replace with a decent player tonight. But that’s enough to cause chaos.

Spurs have a good starting XI but, as you say, that’s nowhere near enough. And there are areas they could improve - full back, holding midfield, wide attackers. If they had any ambition they’d be signing one £50m player per window. The fact they’re not is why Kane needs to get out.

Savvy businessman Levy banked on Villa's impending financial collapse to buy Grealish for a song. Which was left in tatters when some tycoons came from nowhere to buy Villa, then the window shut early.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’d say it’s only Eriksen and Dembele that you couldn’t replace with a comparable player tonight. But that’s enough to cause chaos.

Spurs have a good starting XI but, as you say, that’s nowhere near enough. And there are areas they could improve - full back, holding midfield, wide attackers. If they had any ambition they’d be signing one £50m player per window. The fact they’re not is why Kane needs to get out.

Jan is our best CB, player of the year last year - Sanchez is nowhere near that level yet.

Trippier must be the most over rated English player at the moment, he can’t actually defend - it’s masked by his decent crossing - Hugo will rightly get most the blame for the first goal - but trippier was out of position.

My view is more than anything We need a 10 to step in when Christian is out of form, or someone to allow him to drop deeper from time to time.

Wide attackers I would have loved Zaha at Spurs

And potentially another CM - but I have hopes for Winks, he looked decent before his injury - I did notice you called him out above - but he ran the midfield against Madrid twice last year and a few PL games.

This summer will Be The interesting one - Jan is in the last year of his contract and Christian will have 1 left.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Savvy businessman Levy banked on Villa's impending financial collapse to buy Grealish for a song. Which was left in tatters when some tycoons came from nowhere to buy Villa, then the window shut early.

Nah. He’s just a prick.

Offered 3 million and Onamah - offer them 15 million and he would have been at Spurs.

Not sure he’s good enough, but at least he would have taken Sissokos minutes.

Much how I hate Villa, it’s not cool to do what he tried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here