Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 1990 World Cup Semi-Final afters in West Street, Brighton...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was in Benidorm for the Sweden match.
In an open bar right in the middle of the worst part with bars on each corner and right down the 'strip'.
Everyone was pissed as a fart and it was well over 100 in the sun.
Just before kick off loads of Spanish rozzers turned up in vans and parked up.
At full time everyone spilled out onto the street and it got a bit stupid but no too bad as far as I could make out.
But just in case the Police opened fire with rubber bullets, we were diving under the table as they were flying above our heads.
They stayed for about 2 hours scooping up anyone that looked like they were trouble.
What a shithole that end of Benidorm is.
Totally ashamed to be English that day.
The few Swedish fans were great though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
In an open bar right in the middle of the worst part with bars on each corner and right down the 'strip'.
At full time everyone spilled out onto the street and it got a bit stupid but no too bad as far as I could make out.
But just in case the Police opened fire with rubber bullets, we were diving under the table as they were flying above our heads.
They stayed for about 2 hours scooping up anyone that looked like they were trouble.

I couldn't think of much worse than having to watch an England game in Benidorm amongst the very worst of the Brits abroad brigade

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Why ashamed to be English when you said it wasn’t too bad ? Seemed to me by your description, that it was Spanish old bill that caused the tensions, not the pissed up England fans ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here