Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty, Whats Loyalty

Northants Exile

Oct 7, 2003
In this modern game where money rules and loyalty, it seems is a thing of the past. I can understand why football fans as a whole are getting fed up with the way that the game is heading.

Managers move for money and the lure of a bigger club, gone are the days when you could rely on people to see out their contracts.

In the past four weeks this has been shown in great detail by the dealings of West Ham, Mr Pardew, Reading FC etc.

I can understand someone wanting to better themselves and of course to have a few extra quid in the back pocket.

What saddens me the most is the fact that loyalty is something that us supporters only have these days. You can see that by looking at this board and the Reading one too.

Supporters are posting their comments and showing their loyalty to their clubs, some of it calm and reasoned, some of it witty and of course there are the downright angry.

Do we demand loyalty from our players and managers, when in reality they are there to do a job and nothing more? So do we demand too much?

As a Reading fan i have to say that we have been shown that the "L" word is out of date and that the lure of the "Larger" clubs is common.

If Mr Coppell does come to the Madejski Stadium he will have done it for his reasons, whatever they may be.

It is us the supporters, season tickets holders that are the true loyalists, not the managers, not the players.

Yeah, there's no loyalty from anyone. You forget that managers get blasted for jumping ship but if they lose 5 games on the spin the board don't show them much loyalty.

But don't beat yourself up too much about it mate. Shit happens. And remember that unlike the board, manager or players we're not under any sort of obligation to stick around. So if you don't like it, stick two fingers up at the whole thing, walk off and enjoy the rest of your life, cos it ain't really that important.

xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here