Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Saw LFATB at the concord 2 many years ago they were ok. Until 3 years ago I tried to see the uk subs at least once a year since 78 !

I saw them at all he Shellly arms in 87 where Charlie signed a flyer wishing my new born son a happy life. 18 years later I introduced my son to Charlie in Brighton the day before his 18 birthday, Charlie said he remembered writing the message and like to think he did. ��

As Charlie lives in Seaford, I tend to see him quite a lot at local gigs and occasionally have a chat with him. I am absolutely convinced he did remember it. I chat to him about gigs gone by in Brighton going right back to infamous gig at the Top Rank where every song seemed to have been a reason for the skins to indiscriminately attack lone punks in the audience, right up until Nicky Garrett smashed one over the head with his mic stand and jumped in the crowd fighting with them.
Charlie has told me on more than one occasion that the skinhead in question has met Charlie quite recently, pointed out it was him that had his head split open and apologised for his behaviour that night. Charlie thought he was going to get a smack.
I do remember that incident very well. Claret everywhere, but I am not 74 years years old and played thousands of gigs all over the world in the last 40 years.
Gotta love Sir Charlie of Harper.

I used to go to the Shelley Arms quite a lot back in the day. Saw The Subs in there, but do remember most of the bands that played there being American and UK hard core bands.
It's quite possible to see the Subs at least three times in a year these days. They always play Brighton in May, as it's always close to Charlies birthday. Then on their winter tour they now play the Lewes Con Club followed a couple of weeks later by a gig in Crawley. Last year it was The Grasshopper, which is an absolute trek from Three Bridges station and the year before at Three Bridges football club. Always a belter.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Before I went out with her and prior to her getting knocked back by Smelly her previous boyfriend suffered from chronic erectile dysfunction so she clearly didn't have very high expectations in her men.

It's quite reassuring when starting a new relationship with someone to know that you dont have a lot to live up to.

She never did make it clear why she dumped me.

Glad you replied, I felt a bit mean about my post seeing as I don't know your 'brief encounter', you or the person called Smelly, he looks deranged tbh, but a happy soul

Maybe she thought she was 'punching above her weight' if that's the correct term

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• BP.jpeg
    BP.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 99

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Punk is an Americanism and during the 60s thousands of bands reacted against the British Invasion carrying the flag for the wild rebellious image that was originally from Rock’n’Roll and the Rockabilly And not the watered down pop shit coming from Britain that was taken up by the music industry throwing manufactured safe marketable bands for mass appeal.

bands like these were the first punks....
Look at the audience they can’t work out what is going on, thinking it’s an American beat band, no they were pure 60s garage punk.
[yt]hXUjo7zcifQ[/yt]

I know this is about 70/80s punk and we put another working class twist to it and let’s face it anything with attitude and brash is working class from farm boy rockabilly, rust belt garage punk, English punk and ska, Oi, Psychobilly, Metal Thrash it’s all working class reactionary music with attitude.

So having never heard of the Monks. This band pops up on Dandelion Radio - Ye Nuns, a female tribute band to The Monks, who bass guitarist gave them 2 unrecorded Monk tracks to record (see bandcamp link below the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFLCRHvqnHk&list=RDPFLCRHvqnHk&t=34

https://yenuns.bandcamp.com/track/i-dont-want-to-do-this-again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here