Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Syria/Russia/UN/Trump/Chemical Attack (think that’s it all covered)....

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Classic attack piece by the Telegraph. The fact is, he asks the question that the MSM is not...

Why would Assad do such a thing when he's already won?

Unless he has a death wish. Which I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

The fact he was on BBC breakfast indicates that the MSM are asking the question. It's just who is answering the question by saying that it wasn't Assad seems to effectively be Assad's UK PR guy. I'm not sure why I should give him particular creedance? He may be right but not just because he says so.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Syria 'chemical attack': France's President Macron says he has proof

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43740626

France's President Emmanuel Macron says he has "proof" that the Syrian government attacked the town of Douma with chemical weapons last weekend.

He said he would decide "in due course" whether to strike Syria.

The French leader previously said any strikes would target the Syrian government's "chemical capabilities".

He did not give the source of his information but said: "We have proof that last week chemical weapons, at least chlorine, were used by the regime of Bashar al-Assad."

Asked in a TV interview whether France would join strikes on Syria, he said: "We will need to take decisions in due course, when we judge it most useful and effective.

"France will not allow any escalation that could harm the stability of the region as a whole but we can't let regimes that think they can do everything they want, including the worst things that violate international law, to act."

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The fact he was on BBC breakfast indicates that the MSM are asking the question. It's just who is answering the question by saying that it wasn't Assad seems to effectively be Assad's UK PR guy. I'm not sure why I should give him particular creedance? He may be right but not just because he says so.

It's entirely up to you what you what you make of him,and I respect your opinion. But the fact remains. No evidence and no motive. Until I see them for my own eyes, I don't believe a word of it. And I certainly won't support military action that will send us head first into a war with Russia/Iran/Syria/Lebanon and possibly China too. Utter madness.

Lets hope Trump takes a step back. Because the Kremlin will not give up Syria, it's too strategically important to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Classic attack piece by the Telegraph. The fact is, he asks the question that the MSM is not...

Why would Assad do such a thing when he's already won?

Unless he has a death wish. Which I'm pretty sure he hasn't.

hmmm, why would a tyrannical despot stamp on the last hold out of his enemy?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
hmmm, why would a tyrannical despot stamp on the last hold out of his enemy?

Hehe. Assad is many things. But he isn't stupid. He's winning the war. The battle for Douma was all but won. Ask yourself the question - Who has the most to gain from a chemical attack in this instance? Certainly not Assad.

I want to see hard evidence and motive. That's not asking too much is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here