Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Utd v Brighton highlights from days gone by

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But not that one, and most definitely not the other.

Hopefully this will get Bozza off our backs and stop him from moaning on about us not financing the mod's next filthy rampage across Sussex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
23 - 4 It's a bold statement, but he can f**k off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After our 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford brother flew home on a flight with Gary Chivers and when speaking to him about Ryan Giggs and he asked how good he was and Gray said "he is the best player I have tried to mark but as he doesnt know what he is going to do I had no chance and no idea."

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But not that one, and most definitely not the other.

Hopefully this will get Bozza off our backs and stop him from moaning on about us not financing the mod's next filthy rampage across Sussex.

Unlike most of these types of thread I was there for two of those, the league cup at home and FA Cup away. Remember Edwards goal so well, was on the West Stand so virtually exactly the same view as the camera. 'Famously' that was David Beckham's debut for Man Utd, and I distinctly remember grumbling when they brought on this player I'd never heard of as devaluing the cup. Hey, I was 18, naive :)

The FA cup game at Old Trafford, we did really well. Just a piece of Giggs magic. I seem to remember making a very last minute decision to go, it was my first ever away game, but surely it wouldn't have been pay on the gate even then? We were on the same train up as Terry Christian who told us we had 'no chance lads' and he was indeed correct. [MENTION=1413]Mackenzie[/MENTION] you weren't with me and Mark Smith that day were you?

Where was Kurt Nogan in those games, was he cup-tied? Fancy relying on Andy Kennedy against United!!

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Got to that League Cup game at the half re-built Old Trafford early. My lads and I have never seen a pre-match warm-up as intense and prolonged as the one Brian Kidd put Schmeichel through. Schmeichel was lathered at the end. We put it down to being 'extra professional'. John Keeley had used to get a fair sweat on during his pre-match routine, but nothing compared to this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here