Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Police have told my colleague Haroon Siddique, who is in Shoreham, that the death toll is unlikely to be as high as feared after no further bodies were found under the aircraft wreckage."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wow - very moving. Chris & Paul represented our club superbly as usual. Brilliantly dignified & obviously very upset themselves. Very proud of the club and our fans on here for the solidarity everyone's shown. It's time like this that football on the pitch doesn't matter, but there can still be many positives in being part of something. Never had the clubs' new #together hashtag been more applicable.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bless all of you on NSC, I have just received wonderful news, my brother is fine. Without letting anyone know he changed his mind about the airshow and instead visited Salisbury. His home phone had broken and he forgot to take his mobile. His friend travelled to visit family in Scotland.

I am acutely aware of the power, mostly good, of NSC and it's brotherhood of wonderful people who offer such help and kindness when it's needed. I'm lucky, sadly so many are not and my heart goes out to them, I know from held back tears how you feel.

Again, bless & thank you all, and those that prayed for me may your God be with you. Boroseagull

Great news.

It must have been an incredibly difficult couple of days for you and your family, and a wonderful moment when you found out he was OK.

All the best.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The family of a chauffeur killed in the crash as he drove to collect a bride-to-be have paid tribute to the “well-respected and loved father and husband”.

The 76-year-old, from Brighton, served with the Grenadier Guards and Parachute Regiment worked for the UN in Cyprus and Bahrain. He also served as a police officer with Hampshire Police.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep, Barber was visibly moved when he spoke about visiting Matthew's family.

Dedicating the Hull game to all the victims is spot on, but I hope the players will play for them all season.

Well said and thanks for posting the video.

Barber does indeed handle things well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My cousin told me the limo driver drove her to her wedding on the first game at the Amex against Donny

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Superb work from Barber, real class shown throughout that

The man gets a fair amount of stick on here and The Argus site, but that press conference shows that we have damn good people in charge at this football club. I'm sure every club in the country would have responded in similar fashion but Paul Barber and Chris Hughton handled everything superbly, as did everybody at the club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The man gets a fair amount of stick on here and The Argus site, but that press conference shows that we have damn good people in charge at this football club. I'm sure every club in the country would have responded in similar fashion but Paul Barber and Chris Hughton handled everything superbly, as did everybody at the club.

This.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would be nice if [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] can pass on some of the comments on here to the club. Really have acted with utter class in such traumatic circumstances.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Well said :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
The family of a chauffeur killed in the crash as he drove to collect a bride-to-be have paid tribute to the “well-respected and loved father and husband”.

The 76-year-old, from Brighton, served with the Grenadier Guards and Parachute Regiment worked for the UN in Cyprus and Bahrain. He also served as a police officer with Hampshire Police.

Have just seen his photo online, I recognise him and the name but can't think from where. RIP and thoughts go out to his family

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The club have handled this dreadful event with so much dignity. Truly impressive and humane. Facebook has been a horror over the last couple of days. The welfare officer from my son's football club had relatives just a couple of hundred yards from the worst of it who escaped scott free. I know [MENTION=1426]The Wookiee[/MENTION] who I assume was there as was my old next door neighbour with her two youngest kids. And Ali and Brett will have been devastated by yesterday's news about Scoobs.

To hold yourself together in any way in these circumstances is astonishing. That the club I love are in some way leading in such a dignified fashion is humbling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here