Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray off to Reading !!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But.... but..... you all hated Murray when he was ours - lazy, uninterested, slow, always wanting to leave, were some of the more positive comments.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was never going to happen and even if it was then it would have been either like this
- He came back to Albion. We get him fit, he starts scoring again, the goals go in. Warnock comes to the Amex to watch him even, And then we wave him off merrily back to Selhurst in January ?
- He came back to Albion, we can't get him fit or make him fit into our style, he looks a shadow of the old GM, he doesn't fit into SH's more fluid, technical style, he's dropped, he's recalled by Palace for not getting enough game time.

i'm not sure which is worse.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
But.... but..... you all hated Murray when he was ours - lazy, uninterested, slow, always wanting to leave, were some of the more positive comments.

Least he knows where the back of the net Is. I know the seasons just started but our top scorer Is a defender. Which you already knew. Just pointing it out for others just in case.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

On the face of it those comments were actually true , for me he only put in an effort during his last season of the initial deal here to get a contract extension.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Has he not been bench warming this year though?

Of course and nearly all those appearances as a sub but its still a considerable amount of time on the pitch without scoring.
Parish has sent him out on loan because they are hoping that game time will give him a chance to score some goals. They fear that his injury might have put paid to this. Palace, who benefitted from his 30 goals in 2012/13 think League 1's Kevin Doyle* is a better prospect for the next few months.

*I'm teasing.

Or we couldn't afford his wages, or Sami doesn't fancy him, or he's too much of a risk given his lengthy lay off, or he doesn't fit in to SH's style of play, or we couldn't guarantee him game time...

nB: not sure if Reading will play him much either. Looks like 3rd or 4th choice to me.

I think I remember the same things being said when he went to Palace though! A gamble for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here