Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Charlton Athletic *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
1 is better than 0, but on balance of play/possession, feels like 2 points lost

with Bolton and now charlton, 3 shots on target, 3 goals, against our many shots and dominating of possession, need to sort that out asap, cant keep gifting goals as away teams will park the bus.

It will come. Our team are still not much more than a bunch of strangers at the moment.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Spend a fortune on strikers...............and Dunk scores twice.

It's a funny old game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yep, but prior to kick off, if you'd offered me a 2-2 draw I wouldn't have taken it....

I think under Gus and Oscar we wouldn't have scored the equaliser. Sami signalled to Stockdale to go up into the Charlton box for the corner.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think under Gus and Oscar we wouldn't have scored the equaliser. Sami signalled to Stockdale to go up into the Charlton box for the corner.

Really? I remember a few late equalisers under both and coming back from one down many tiumes. It was getting winners from losing positions that eluded them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But would we have let two poor goals in?

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Beyond me how Tex got MOTM. Showed flashes of class but gave the ball away too much. Dunk was fantastic, would've been my MOTM even without scoring, exciting to see how much he's come on.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Just back from the game, thanks to 'Earthbar' for the ticket exchange. Cracking match and we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Tiexiera looks pure quality , ran out of steam a tad second half, understandably. Leave it to others to post a match report but I thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought some of the passing quality was top top drawer.
Charlton. Big, well organised and pay two banks of 4 at the back .Forecast top 10 for them but they don't look top 6 material. Maybe we are very good then? Maybe?

TNBA

TTF

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Thought we looked really good, the team is full of technically skilled footballers and it's great to watch.

A good chance for Hyypia to get his ideas across to the new boys now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thought we looked really good, the team is full of technically skilled footballers and it's great to watch.

All the new boys and Hyypia would have learnt so much from today, great time to play Charlton with their style of play, a very typical Championship match and result if ever there was one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Thought we looked good up to a point, the final 3rd. It's promising, but still think we rely on the full backs too much to hit perfect balls. Would prefer to see wingers with overlapping full backs creating the option, can all get very narrow.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thought we looked good up to a point, the final 3rd. It's promising, but still think we rely on the full backs too much to hit perfect balls. Would prefer to see wingers with overlapping full backs creating the option, can all get very narrow.

Difficult to score goals when there's a huge shortage of bodies in the box when crosses come in. Holla and jfc playing deep lying midfield roles is a waste if you ask me. Would much rather see 1 holding player and an extra attacking player on the pitch from the off.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Difficult to score goals when there's a huge shortage of bodies in the box when crosses come in. Holla and jfc playing deep lying midfield roles is a waste if you ask me. Would much rather see 1 holding player and an extra attacking player on the pitch from the off.

This was very noticeable to us in the 2nd half (sit adjacent to north six yard box). We had some brilliant play to get to the line but were usually outnumbered by 3-1 in the box. Still it would probably help if we managed to take the lead and teams were forced to attack us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here