Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Govern or Go

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Surely we now have the power for virtually the whole population to vote on any policy they have presented to them? True democracy in action! Let the people decide.

Like that will ever be allowed to happen...

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Really?.................:shrug:

Power is male dominated, Sure there are many good men, who would not treat other people unfairly. Power is used by the elite (old boys network) and also by powerless people (people who are insecure) over the people they can bully to make a decision they would not have chosen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
who's the best of a bad bunch?

If Corbyn goes we're still left with a hesitant PM and a troublesome Foreign Sec. Corbyn is harmless all the time there are a few years until the next election - then the ammunition on him will really come out.

Like her or not Maggie would have formed a cabinet on her own rather than appoint anyone who didn't support her.

But they ended up stabbing her in the back anyway. Politics and power are dirty businesses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you suggesting Teresa May thinks he is doing a good job? That she wants a Foreign Secretary who puts a British national in more peril? After all she accepts the the resignation of her Defence and Foriegn Aid Secretary's in the same week. One of which she summons back from Africa to resign before being sacked.

I would think that she sees Pritti Patel as a bigger threat to her job in the future than Boris.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Power is male dominated, Sure there are many good men, who would not treat other people unfairly. Power is used by the elite (old boys network) and also by powerless people (people who are insecure) over the people they can bully to make a decision they would not have chosen.

Here you go, have a towel for behind your ears.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Surely we now have the power for virtually the whole population to vote on any policy they have presented to them? True democracy in action! Let the people decide.

Like that will ever be allowed to happen...

The time has come to voice our opinions. That is what the Tory's are scared of. The power sits with Boris as he could bring Teresa down. And we don't get a vote until the next election.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The time has come to voice our opinions. That is what the Tory's are scared of. The power sits with Boris as he could bring Teresa down.

:lolol::jester: all this thread of the notion that Boris Johnson is pulling the strings? he's done, he couldnt get the support last summer and would get less now.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
She should fire him, he's an embarrassment to us and the eyes of the world looking in.
Apparently he is going to arrange a meet with the husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.
Climb down or what!

Agreed. All of this talk about him being a super-brain is just rubbish. I had the bad fortune to sit near this bumbling, uncomfortable buffoon on a plane not so long ago. Having seen him in action up close I wouldn't trust him to run anything, let alone a country. He's an arse

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Here you go, have a towel for behind your ears.

Thanks for your concern, my ears are fine. Mrs Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is not fine though.

I am sure you and other North Stand Chat users are decent men/women and would say that she should be released.... Was all I was hoping to hear.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Agreed. All of this talk about him being a super-brain is just rubbish. I had the bad fortune to sit near this bumbling, uncomfortable buffoon on a plane not so long ago. Having seen him in action up close I wouldn't trust him to run anything, let alone a country. He's an arse

Thank you

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I shudder at the thought of that buffoon Boris being the next PM. Even scarier is the prospect of a Labour gov. I don' t think I've ever seen a bunch of wet behind the ears bunch of politicians in my 72 yrs on this planet. As for Brexit we tell the EU to do one and walk away. When they realise there will be a huge shortfall in their budget next year they 'll realise Barnier was the wrong man for the job. As for Boris, Chipperfields circus has vacancies for clowns.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Theresa May is probably the weakest and worst PM we have ever had at the most important point in our history. mind you, it was either her or Leadsome.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would think that she sees Pritti Patel as a bigger threat to her job in the future than Boris.

Everyone is a threat to May, anyone with half a brain in fact.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Are you suggesting Teresa May thinks he is doing a good job? That she wants a Foreign Secretary who puts a British national in more peril? After all she accepts the the resignation of her Defence and Foriegn Aid Secretary's in the same week. One of which she summons back from Africa to resign before being sacked.

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a lot more about this Iranian incident than any of us are aware. I cannot see why they would take her in the first place. Was she just unlucky to have been 'picked' out of all the many other travelers between the UK and Iran or was there something else? As for Johnson and Gove, maybe there was something. Why would Boris come out with the training comment when it had never been mentioned before? He may be a loose cannon, but if this was completely made up it would be unusual. As for Gove, it appeared watching him talk this morning that he wasn't willing to say outright what she was doing there. As soon as Marr mentioned a holiday he straight away said that 'if that's what her husband said then I support him completely'. I think we'll get more coming out of this story soon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thanks for your concern, my ears are fine. Mrs Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is not fine though.

I am sure you and other North Stand Chat users are decent men/women and would say that she should be released.... Was all I was hoping to hear.

If she is innocent then of course she should be released, that goes without saying. But your point seems to have morphed into another issue now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This country is crying out for a real strong leader who has,Direction,strategy and real leadership qualities....sadly we have nothing anywhere near this.

Agree about the Maggie comments :)

larus

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a lot more about this Iranian incident than any of us are aware. I cannot see why they would take her in the first place. Was she just unlucky to have been 'picked' out of all the many other travelers between the UK and Iran or was there something else? As for Johnson and Gove, maybe there was something. Why would Boris come out with the training comment when it had never been mentioned before? He may be a loose cannon, but if this was completely made up it would be unusual. As for Gove, it appeared watching him talk this morning that he wasn't willing to say outright what she was doing there. As soon as Marr mentioned a holiday he straight away said that 'if that's what her husband said then I support him completely'. I think we'll get more coming out of this story soon.

I’ve been thinking the same. I have no idea what she was doing there and she may genuinely have been on holiday, so why would Iran pick someone up just to cause grief. What’s in it for them? With stories like this, it’s not unusual for other facts to gradually come out which put a different light on things.

If she is totally innocent, then the government needs to do everything within its power to get her home. If there’s more than we’re being told, then the government needs to be more sensitive to how her actions may have been seen in Iran.

As you say; Johnson can be a loose canon, but to come up with a totally false story just seems a bit odd. Maybe this is what the Iranians have said though and so he’s repeated their claim based on no evidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here