Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Butland - broken finger

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Getting back to Butland. Talk Sport have confirmed that he is out for 6 weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He might as well play against the Albion.
He'll have nothing to do all game except be caught out by the flight of the ball coming off a random Murray body part, I'm going for ear, this time.

Long may it continue.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
On goals conceded so far Pickford and Butland are level on 22 (but Butland was beaten 7 times in 1 game - the Man City mis-match) . Pope is top of the BBC GK stats so he must be better than both Pickford and Butland... Anyway there's me going off topic as well - it's most likely Lee Grant in goal for them and that's to our advantage I think !

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It is good news for our game. Grant is adequate but nothing more. Makes some really top saves but, in the last season he was at Derby, literally a goal a game on the C5 highlights were ones where you thought he might have done better.

Haugard I had forgotten his performance in that Wigan match - it was the singular worst goalkeeping performance at the Amex since David Gonzalez chucked a couple in for Barnsley.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Getting back to Butland. Talk Sport have confirmed that he is out for 6 weeks.

Shame for him but can only be good news for us.

Remember him playing really well and making a couple of cracking saves for Barnsley when they beat us 2.1 at the Amex under Oscar Garcia. Just looked that game up and apparently Paddy McCourt scored for them :ohmy:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Shame for him but can only be good news for us.

Remember him playing really well and making a couple of cracking saves for Barnsley when they beat us 2.1 at the Amex under Oscar Garcia. Just looked that game up and apparently Paddy McCourt scored for them :ohmy:

If you were AT that match, I can't believe you had to be REMINDED about Paddy's goal! It was incredible. Possibly THE best goal the Amex has seen.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
His general play and his kicking was no better than Ryans andeverybody slates Ryan for his kicking. As I said he was adequate but nothing exceptional as I expected.

If that even were the case, don't judge him on tat match alone. Pickford's accuracy kicking from hand is AMAZING.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
His general play and his kicking was no better than Ryans andeverybody slates Ryan for his kicking. As I said he was adequate but nothing exceptional as I expected.

Not everyone has critiqued Ryan for his kicking. There’s been a clear shift in management strategy since the middle of last season where Stockdale’s passing strategy was clearly changed. I think that strategy has continued with Ryan whose strategy appears to be ‘play it short if it’s an option, and if not, play for territory into the wide midfield areas’. He’s doing that well enough.

Still, we can disagree. Everything I’ve seen from Pickford suggests he’ll be an excellent buy for Everton and potentially an excellent player for England. Time will tell though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If you were AT that match, I can't believe you had to be REMINDED about Paddy's goal! It was incredible. Possibly THE best goal the Amex has seen.

I was there, cold and miserable!

I vaguely remember it - was it really that good? Didn't he beat some lame challenges and then shank a shot that Kuszczak should have saved? Will try and find it online. Butland really sticks in my head for looking like an outstanding young keeper then though.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was there, cold and miserable!

I vaguely remember it - was it really that good? Didn't he beat some lame challenges and then shank a shot that Kuszczak should have saved? Will try and find it online. Butland really sticks in my head for looking like an outstanding young keeper then though.

The actual shot was soft, I grant you. The run past FOUR players and the one-two at the end - all absolute class. (Flawed) GENIUS.

Look on Youtube - the video is actually titled 'Paddy McCourt does it again'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here