Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In case anyone forgot there is a two day RMT strike from tomorrow and I have heard a rumour anyone who does strike is dismissed.

To rub salt in the wound it appeared all their Ticket Vending Machines are not working today due to an IT fault

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In case anyone forgot there is a two day RMT strike from tomorrow and I have heard a rumour anyone who does strike is dismissed.

I dont think anyone pays attention to the RMT strikes anymore, the last few had no impact. I doubt they would sack anyone for striking as thats unlawful and give the union a legitimate grievance.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I dont think anyone pays attention to the RMT strikes anymore, the last few had no impact.

RMT strike days the service tends to be better than normal.

I noticed yesterday Southern rolled out a new look site but soon rolled back to the old one as there was no service data on it. Good to see their acceptance testing is as good as their train service. Their live running page is probably the only page I ever look at on their site. I would assume that is a case with a lot of commuters so how they can miss something as big as that is crazy.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
RMT strike days the service tends to be better than normal.

I noticed yesterday Southern rolled out a new look site but soon rolled back to the old one as there was no service data on it. Good to see their acceptance testing is as good as their train service. Their live running page is probably the only page I ever look at on their site. I would assume that is a case with a lot of commuters so how they can miss something as big as that is crazy.

I would assume the delay repay page is one you use regularly and frequently.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I dont think anyone pays attention to the RMT strikes anymore, the last few had no impact.

It does make you wonder why they keep insisting on losing pay for no gain whatsoever. Most people seem to work around the strikes now.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It does make you wonder why they keep insisting on losing pay for no gain whatsoever. Most people seem to work around the strikes now.

As [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] says the trains generally run perfectly (better?) in strike days... fewer trains but better.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Because you haven't had to, or chose not to?

Can recall one 30 min delay where I couldn't be arsed to scan my ticket as it was about to expire. Other than that I haven't had to.

Granted I could have put through plenty of fraudulent ones but personally I've either been very lucky or the service is getting more reliable.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because you haven't had to, or chose not to?

think my last +15 min delay was back in August. since the changes from guards to OBS service has improved, aside from driver strikes. awaiting winter though, that should balls things up at some point.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This isn't a strike ballot, but one to accept the offer on the table. If they do the RMT may as well pack up and go home.

If they reject the offer then I assume they may call for a strike though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here