Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought the stains played us to a tee. They settled for one with the hope of all three. The onus was on us to go for it, but we decided not to lose rather than we must win. It's still a point gained against a well drilled side with experience of getting a result so, onwards

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We are top of the bottom half.

Screenshot from 2017-10-29 15-23-45.png

larus

I agree the narrative that was given to izzy b and Solly was clearly don't lose it whatever you do.

Need the 3 points as we were at home, let's hope it doesn't bite us later.

I'm quite pleased with the season to date.

LeagueTable.png

12 points from 10 games. Look at the teams who are below us. Yeah, we could have had more points, but we're proving hard to beat which is good IMO.

We're not mid-table by luck. The GD is a good indicator of teams who will struggle (usually).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
final thought.... the channel Im watching has just compared top speed of Gross and Murray ........ and Murray is faster!?!

D

Deleted member 2719

View attachment 90653

12 points from 10 games. Look at the teams who are below us. Yeah, we could have had more points, but we're proving hard to beat which is good IMO.

We're not mid-table by luck. The GD is a good indicator of teams who will struggle (usually).

If we are still sitting there in another 10 games i will be more than happy.

Long way to go and all that, i just hope we don't regret having a bit more of ago when being at home.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

well a draw on the first of three games i thought we had a chance of winning. after the poor first half i said at half time will take a draw. Still confident we can go away to Swansea and take all 3 points..now thats something i wasnt thinking after 3 games this season..

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

View attachment 90653

Is that table correct? I thought we were on a three game unbeaten run?

It's the last 10 games where we're going to get bitten in the arse

Yeah last 3 are nassssssssty..Think we got lucky with the fixture computer nicely spreading out the difficult games in first half of the season but we do need to pick up some wins before the christmas period - when we are crap even during our great seasons in the championship. We need to be safe by easter or at least only needing a few draws in the last half dozen games

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
A draw is a draw, not every game will be as dramatic or uplifting as last week and I'm sure Chris will be pleased to recover a point against a tough rival. Its being able to compete against mid-table teams and beat the lower table teams that will give us the edge in staying up, and I think that we're still on a good level right now.

An additional plus is that we've passed Derby's record 11 points a quarter of the way into the season. We are definitely not the worst ever team in PL history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here