Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Koeman sacked

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20171023-WA0005.jpg

I sent this to my Everton chum, who replied........

"No surprised, and relieved, he's been rude and a terrible manager since day one. Very cold, upsets nearly all the players, even the ones he's paid ££££££ for, a totally clueless fraud.
Will take Allardyce, as we wouldn't get turned over every week"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Really should've beat them [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Football is mad. If Brighton were not in Premier, apart from watching occasional game would not be interested. How on earth can you trust manager to spend £140m and 9 league games later sack him.

Because Koeman was shocking for massive spells last season too. Lukaku’s flat-track-bully goals against the smaller clubs in the second half of the season gave them a recovery. But the Everton fans aren’t fools. They see them repeatedly embarrassed in the PL and Europa Cup.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ridiculous decision. They should have given him longer to build the team, they're probably not going to go down and they could still easily finish 7th which is the best they can hope for really anyway. Outside of the top 6 this is a really average/tight division where literally any of the other 14 could finish 7th or 20th. It's too early to be that concerned about their position.

The thing that's annoyed me the most about this though is the smug Saints fans celebrating his sacking as they've carried a chip on their shoulder for 18 months about his lack of loyalty. This is the same club who sacked their manager for finishing 8th and taking them to a cup final. Really hope we smash them this Sunday.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I work with a number of Everton fans and they really are a whiny lot. They are a bit Sheffield Wednesday [emoji16] when it comes to it, despite not winning anything for decades.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Once again the BBC have got what they aimed for

The Match of the Day pundits are guilty of many things, but l think if anyone turned the Everton heirachy's heads it was more likely to be the baying for blood from their own fans, than the comments that came from the Beeb.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The person who should take the blame is the person who agreed to sell Lukaku without ensuring an adequate replacement was in place.

Possibly, but then how can you replace a player of the calibre of Romelu Lukaku?. This is Everton we are talking about, not the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs or one of the Manchester clubs, with all their buying power and chance of winning trophies..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The person who should take the blame is the person who agreed to sell Lukaku without ensuring an adequate replacement was in place.

I heard the guy in charge of sorting New Lukaku was at home in his front room, trying to get a deal done for his replacement, but his Doris was sat watching DeadEnders, which distracted him at the vital moment. Just when he was about to send the email that say 'BUY BUY BUY', he looked up from his lappy to check out the latest Walford woes because, well, you have to, don't you? :dunce:

Subsequently missed the boat and then ended up paying WAY over the odds for Sig the Striker :moo:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sean Dyche is now favourite according to Sky. I think that would be the best outcome for us as it would destabilise Burnley and they could sink pretty quickly without the ginger Darlek in charge.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I work with a number of Everton fans and they really are a whiny lot. They are a bit Sheffield Wednesday [emoji16] when it comes to it, despite not winning anything for decades.

This - with more knobs on than you can count. The biggest Everton fan I work with threw all his toys out of his pram, and phoned in at 9.30 to take the day off as he "couldn't be bothered" to turn up. :flounce::flounce::flounce: The rest were just embarrassed.

Marvellous scenes.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Well, Everton paid a lot of big money in the summer for players and would not have anticipated lying 18th after 9 matches, even allowing for a tough run of early season fixtures.

Koeman has to take the lion's share of the blame for that, although it is strange that Steve Walsh hasn't attracted more criticism in his role as Head of Recruitment. After all, he landed that job off the back of being regarded as the brains behind Leicester's title success because he picked out N'Golo Kante. By the same token, surely he should be questioned for some of the purchases Everton have made this summer,

The biggest problems for Everton are that they haven't adequately replaced a striker who scored 25 goals for them last season, the volume of which was probably the difference between them finishing 7th and 13th. They put all their efforts into signing Olivier Giroud and when that didn't go through they had no plan B. Rooney will score them maybe 10-12 goals but it is unlikely he is going to be playing more than 30 games a season at this stage of his career. They also have a chronic lack of pace up front, which makes it surprising that they haven't integrated Ademola Lookman more. At the back, Ashley Williams has had a nightmare of a season and really looks past his best and Leighton Baines isn't the player of old either. Michael Keane and Jordan Pickford have been decent, but they haven't been helped by the other defensive problems. They certainly need Seamus Coleman back to full fitness, arguably Everton's best and most reliable player.

I guess Sean Dyche is favourite for that job. Everton fans suggesting Carlo Ancelotti as a candidate have visions of grandeur. Ancelotti is one of the best coaches in European football and his sacking by Bayern Munich was ridiculous. He will be saving himself for the next big coaching job to come up in the summer, Juventus, Inter, maybe even Arsenal.

This is the problem for Everton now that because they have come into money, people automatically believe they should be contenders and it doesn't work like that. Everton are still a long way away from seriously thinking about being a top 4, top 6 side. This season, getting in the top half is what they should be looking at.

Dyche is an obvious suggestion, although Everton fans who weren't enthused by David Moyes' type of football I can't imagine being much more excited by his approach. I mean, Dyche has done an excellent job at Burnley, but they are hardly the most pleasing team on the eye. Eddie Howe could be another possibility, although he might be more in the Roberto Martinez mould and I guess right now they need someone to tighten up their defence until they bring in a striker in January.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sean Dyche is now favourite according to Sky. I think that would be the best outcome for us as it would destabilise Burnley and they could sink pretty quickly without the ginger Darlek in charge.

On the other hand Dyche could revitalise Everton, and take them from below to above us in the table.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whoever takes over will be given funds in January to rectify the position that they are in. He will need to get Siguardson playing to his ability and bring in a striker as well as or instead of Rooney. the ideal one being Giroud of Arsenal but I thought that they tried for him in the summer.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I reckon BG should throw his flat cap in the ring for the job

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
People are banging about the £140m but most of that was from the sale of Stones and Lukaku - their net spend was only about £20. Our net spend was more than that.

They certainly should be doing better than 18th but they're not really the big spenders everyone says they are

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
People are banging about the £140m but most of that was from the sale of Stones and Lukaku - their net spend was only about £20. Our net spend was more than that.

They certainly should be doing better than 18th but they're not really the big spenders everyone says they are

Stones was sold in the previous summer and I think his sale had been agreed before their new owner had even officially taken control of the club.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

As already mentioned, Stones was the previous summer. Their net spend this summer was approx £54m. Ours was approx £40m, but bearing in mind we had a Championship squad, we had to spend a serious amount. They bought 3 number 10's and no striker. Is that Koeman's or Steve Walsh's fault ? Regardless, the buck always stops with the manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here