Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've entered the Phoenix 10K today while I'm not so busy, else, knowing me, I'd forget, I assume you can amend your entry to get added to a team. Knowing how sticky it was last year I don't think I'll be running in an actual Albion shirt but it may well be the second outing for the REMF vest I'm about to be sent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Just been for a short walk on Hove Prom to get yesterday out of my legs. Be warned, the lagoon to View section (at least) is once again covered in shingle thanks to Windy Katie

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So, my foot injury is almost completely healed now - I'm still not able to run on it, but it's getting to the stage that I can't feel it when I walk. A few weeks out from the Marathon and the incredibly ill advised Half at Worthing is one of just two runs I've been able to do outdoors this calendar year - the other was a steady 10 miler. I have no idea what condition I'm going to be in for the Marathon, or what time to aim for - but as ever I'm going to be aggresive and put in some sprinting and hill session doubles. I'm going to take every known Marathon prep plan and slap them in the face. When this inevitably fails, at least I'll know how not to prepare!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I've entered the Phoenix 10K today while I'm not so busy, else, knowing me, I'd forget, I assume you can amend your entry to get added to a team. Knowing how sticky it was last year I don't think I'll be running in an actual Albion shirt but it may well be the second outing for the REMF vest I'm about to be sent.

I could n't see a way to amend my entry to add a team name so have email sports systems to ask them if they can add this to my entry. I saw a certain [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] had already entered under the team name NSC AC so have requested they use that moniker. Not sure what the AC stands for - Albion Cheerers? All Comers?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I could n't see a way to amend my entry to add a team name so have email sports systems to ask them if they can add this to my entry. I saw a certain [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] had already entered under the team name NSC AC so have requested they use that moniker. Not sure what the AC stands for - Albion Cheerers? All Comers?

I'll email them as well.

Ar$e Cheeks?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Chaps - I wonder if I can ask a running related favour of someone. Can anyone get me a ticket for Charlton? Its running related as its the day before the London Marathon (which starts in Greenwich) so I was hoping to make a weekend of it. I doubt I'll be able to get one myself as a) I am away when they go on sale and b) I probably won't have enough points (bad supporter).

If anyone is willing to help me out, please PM me and to make it even more running related I'll also make a suitable donation to the REMF Brighton Marathon runners.

Many Thanks

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'm not sure you can all afford the membership to join my club. it is a very boring AC as in Arena 80 AC but as we are all elite athletes very apt. An advantage of everyone entering under the same name is that we may be able to search the results for the whole group.

As for Charlton I would sit with the home supporters. Better than missing the match. You can register with them using work address. just don't wear your NSC Ar$e Cheeks T- shirt. Have a good time warm weather tapering in Antigua.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Anyone got the details of the Physio "Jesus" that is popular on here? Spent a few quid trying to get my Achilles sorted but to no avail & thought a second opinion might help.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Anyone got the details of the Physio "Jesus" that is popular on here? Spent a few quid trying to get my Achilles sorted but to no avail & thought a second opinion might help.

Paging [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION]
[MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION] - he's based at Corals by the Greyhound Stadium - I think you just call and ask for an appointment

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Think he has touched more parts of my body than Mrs Knocky over the last 10 years. He's cheaper too.
Slipped in the mud atop Bramber Castle on Sunday's run, got foot ripped apart in brambles whilst failing to keep upright and jerked thigh heavily. Have a sore vastus lateralis now (side quad). Hoping I can stretch and run it off this week but if not it's good to know Paul will sort it on one visit.
He spent a lot of time on the former Dutch Marine's back.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A hilly 6 miler taking in Shirley Drive, Woodland Drive and Millers Road. Legs feel surprisingly okay and good to be back out after a few weeks off. It's incredible how quickly you lose fitness isn't it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
First time out since last Thursday, which was when I went down with something that left me severely lacking energy, appetite and ability to run. Wanted to take it relatively easy, but it felt ok. With just over two weeks until Brighton marathon (three for Londoners), hows's everyone else feeling?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1104531848

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
IWith just over two weeks until Brighton marathon (three for Londoners), hows's everyone else feeling?

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1104531848

Feeling excellent! I mainly do the marathon for the winter mileage training. That has been accomplished with more hills than usual. Taper begins with planned 50 mile week this week as 20 miles Monday carried over from last week. 3-4 weeks of sniffles seem to be slowly going.
Have no fear as not going for a fast time. 3:50 will do me and a failure should take me to sub 4, which I can live with. So aiming for negative splits on the day, no walking and ignoring all other NSC runners pace until the last mile. Robotic 8:40 to 8:45 pace.
The fear of being beaten by the newcomer @Guiness Boy has faded, if he does he deserves it. I am entering the zone man and have to run my own steady race.
Getting exciting, isn't it?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Getting to that stage of wishing it was tomorrow and fearing I'll break my ankle every time I walk down the stairs.

Excited- bring it on!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here