Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child of the 70's? What was your favourite....

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to add to my post, of course, the alterations were always excellent to :smile:o

I'll let her know!

If I remember correctly, the name of the bloke was Mr Stay.

One other thing missing from here is the family parties where your dad would try to open the Party 7 without it exploding all over the kitchen.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Someone said plimsolls... which reminded me of.....

Shoe Whitener

Chalk, snot and water in a small plastic bottle with a sponge end which you daubed on your filthy white gym shoes. Great idea.

Fifty 'whitens' later and they looked like a three years out of date birthday cake. Clumps of it falling off, stinking, leaving bits everywhere. Who invented that, and would he admit it today - from the west wing of his mansion. :glare:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Unless you didn't have 'those certain feelings' as a kid, we'd all go through the bra section of the catalogue.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
TV Programme : Chocky
Sweets : Cola Cubes
Drink : Dandelion & Burdock until I turned 11 or 12 then Coke
Toy : My Vic 20, then my Amiga 500
Push Bike : Had a number of bikes but my racer was my favourite
Shoes/Trainers :God knows whatever I was given
Music : My dad used to run a mobile disco so I heard a lot of chart / dance stuff.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
TV Programme: Scooby Doo

Sweets: Nutty bar. Remember those ?

Drink: Not sure. I drunk loads of milk.

Toy: Subbuteo. Albion were number 51

Push Bike. Didn’t ever have one. Parents weren’t confident of me cycling.

Trainers: Wasn’t bothered then.

Fashion. Had little say. Had two tone trousers though.

Car: Anything that lego made.

Music: Loved general pop and female ballards.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I'll let her know!

One other thing missing from here is the family parties where your dad would try to open the Party 7 without it exploding all over the kitchen.
Ah! the Party 7 - a party was not a party without some Party 7s. I asked a couple of 30ish guys at work about the Party 7. They never heard of them. I had to explain they were part of my youth in the 70s and it was compulsory to bring a couple of Party 7s to a party (or you weren't allowed in).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ah! the Party 7 - a party was not a party without some Party 7s. I asked a couple of 30ish guys at work about the Party 7. They never heard of them. I had to explain they were part of my youth in the 70s and it was compulsory to bring a couple of Party 7s to a party (or you weren't allowed in).

And the Party Four.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'll let her know!

Party 7s, that was a god awful beer, when you opened the top, one little triangle each side, the thing to do was make a small pin hole just below the lip, and don't tell your mates and put your thumb over it when you drink so none comes out, but when your mates drink out of it, it ends up running all over their shirts:D

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Party 7s, that was a god awful beer, when you opened the top, one little triangle each side, the thing to do was make a small pin hole just below the lip, and don't tell your mates and put your thumb over it when you drink so none comes out, but when your mates drink out of it, it ends up running all over their shirtswhen you drink from it,

It never opened properly and you'd spend a whole party trying to get a swig out of it. Watneys huh?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We're drifting from 'child' to 'spotty adolescent parties' now........Party 7s were things my dad and his mates would bring to each others houses or have at Christmas along with the Warnincks Advocaat, Blue Nun and Harp. Our 'kids' sessions (15-18 years old maybe) were mostly fuelled by cheap cider (in Devon, so it was cheap and easy to get hold of - farmer's sons were guaranteed to get invites to house parties).

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I just remembered..... Knitting!

THE fad of the 70's!! My Mum and Nan were slavering addicts...

Actual 'wool shops' which sold all grades of knitting needles, balls of wool and 'patterns'. If you dared to mention your Mrs was pregnant back then it'd lead to 750 pairs of pointy sticks clacking away like a skeletons disco - pumping out piles of wee jumpers, onesies and blankets :glare:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We're drifting from 'child' to 'spotty adolescent parties' now........Party 7s were things my dad and his mates would bring to each others houses or have at Christmas along with the Warnincks Advocaat, Blue Nun and Harp. Our 'kids' sessions (15-18 years old maybe) were mostly fuelled by cheap cider (in Devon, so it was cheap and easy to get hold of - farmer's sons were guaranteed to get invites to house parties).

You are so right, except we drank the Martini and got sick on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here