Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
The more I read of this sanitised event the more I think not me. Freeloading councillors and if I dare misbehave banned from the Amex

Exactly. Add to that gangs of Eastern European pickpockets, what seems to me to be a distinct lack of security and the fact that the nearest car park appears to be in Portslade and I'll certainly give it a miss. Especially as innocently I thought it was one bus with the team and manager on it. Seems to me that its on it's way to a whole fleet of 'em, creating quite possibly a traffic jam as far as the A24...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A good old fashioned kick about on Hove lawns with the team would have been just the job, jumpers for goalposts and rush goalies and as much alcohol as you like. :thumbsup::albion2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey there are some moany old bast@rds on this thread.

"We were crap in the last 3 games"
"We didn't win anything"
"I can't park anywhere"
"I might get robbed"
"They'll search my bag"
"Its a bit too late"

:rolleyes:

OK there are a raft of rules and regulations (thanks to the Council and the inevitable H&S), and the councillors all horning in on it is an irritant. But the overriding FACT is that last month, BHAFC completed a 20 year journey from rock bottom 92nd, aaaalll the way up to take their place in the Premier league. Many of us have been on that journey every step of the way. Some of us joined more recently. Sadly many of us never made it.

I can understand distance being a factor for some, and other commitments inevitably getting in the way for others. But for me, anyone binning off this parade because we didn't win any of our last 3 games has got a very odd perspective on what this club has just achieved. I don't need to see a shiny pot to draw me to Hove Lawns on Sunday. All I'm bothered about is seeing a squad of players and a manager and an owner who have just given us probably our greatest season in living memory. They've taken us into the Premier League, and given us top flight football for the first time in 34 years.

If that's not worth a parade then I dunno what is.

D

Deleted member 2719

A good old fashioned kick about on Hove lawns with the team would have been just the job, jumpers for goalposts and rush goalies and as much alcohol as you like. :thumbsup::albion2:

I would want to get an opener footballer tackle on Stephens before he starts to dominate, Barber could be the ref........oh no maybe not, he would have too many rules to be adhered to.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maybe those that are choosing not to go could spend some time on here deciding who's not good enough for the PL.

Flaky woebegones (other than those travelling large distances).

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

"We didn't win anything"
"I can't park anywhere"
"I might get robbed"
"They'll search my bag"
"Its a bit too late"

OK there are a raft of rules and regulations (thanks to the Council and the inevitable H&S), and the councillors all horning in on it is an irritant. But the overriding FACT is that last month, BHAFC completed a 20 year journey from rock bottom 92nd, aaaalll the way up to take their place in the Premier league. Many of us have been on that journey every step of the way. Some of us joined more recently. Sadly many of us never made it.

I can understand distance being a factor for some, and other commitments inevitably getting in the way for others. But for me, anyone binning off this parade because we didn't win any of our last 3 games has got a very odd perspective on what this club has just achieved. I don't need to see a shiny pot to draw me to Hove Lawns on Sunday. All I'm bothered about is seeing a squad of players and a manager and an owner who have just given us probably our greatest season in living memory. They've taken us into the Premier League, and given us top flight football for the first time in 34 years.

Agree with all of this. Well said

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No, I'll be in London on a pre arranged weekend. Have to confess I'd much rather be watching the parade but I value my dangly bits :smile:

*underthethumb*

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave

"We didn't win anything"
"I can't park anywhere"
"I might get robbed"
"They'll search my bag"
"Its a bit too late"

Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Blimey, just read through this, very negative comments, quite depressing. Hope it turns out better than it seems to be heading judged purely on the tripe posted here.
I sometimes despair at some of our "support". Always moaning about a lack of pies, standard of catering, rush for the bus, blah blah blah, now this.
In 20 years we've come from the precipice to the promised land. If you can't get excited about that because of a bit of 21st century red tape, then God help us.
Christ on a feaking bike!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not prepared to fly back for this.

Saving up for trips back next season. I work with a Liverpool and a Man U fan and we are planning trips to see Albion versus their teams.
(The Liverpool fan went specially to the Amex season before last to watch the Charlton game. Loved it)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty glad all these moaning twunts aren't going to be there ruining it for those of us that want to enjoy it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Blimey, just read through this, very negative comments, quite depressing. Hope it turns out better than it seems to be heading judged purely on the tripe posted here.
I sometimes despair at some of our "support". Always moaning about a lack of pies, standard of catering, rush for the bus, blah blah blah, now this.
In 20 years we've come from the precipice to the promised land. If you can't get excited about that because of a bit of 21st century red tape, then God help us.
Christ on a feaking bike!

WTF is 'the promised land'? I love going every week both home and away, so please excuse me if I don't go overboard about public transport into Brighton, standing around for a few hours to watch a bus with people on it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WTF is 'the promised land'? I love going every week both home and away, so please excuse me if I don't go overboard about public transport into Brighton, standing around for a few hours to watch a bus with people on it.

Is that REALLY all you feel about it ?

Wow. Just wow,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here