Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you come across any of the team in 'real life' settings?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I met Ulloa in the Costa coffee at the Odeon cinema a few weeks after he signed and he autographed a few things for the kids with us and seemed pleased and excited to have been recognised.

Bruno's son goes to the same school as my son and so I bump into him occasionally at events (Leo used the same school too, but I never saw him there).

I've bumped into Calde pushing a pushchair through Hove once.

I met Charlie Harris on the train from Brighton out towards Worthing (we got off before him).

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
More recently I've been in Hove Tescos a THOUSAND times, in the hope of bumping into Calde. You get the impression on here that the chap basically LIVES in there, but NOTHING :down:

I know what you mean: I was in Coffee Republic on the corner of George Street a couple of months ago and was sure that Calde was going to walk past any moment. Then I strolled down Albany Villas and convinced myself that Calde must either live in one of the villas or at least be likely to be walking his dog down there - reading NSC, that part of Hove always seems to be crawling with our foreign players.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to bump into Frankie Howard fairly regularly at Ladbrokes in St Georges Road. He was a lovely old fella, always happy and very proud of his time at the Albion. Such a shame he didn't get to see the new stadium, he'd have loved it I'm sure.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Used to meet Bobby Z quite often whilst out walking our respective dogs.
Played golf a few times with Gerry Ryan.
Met Graham Moseley when he came into my Mum's shop. He bought some pens.
Saw Hans Kraay outside the post office just off Queens Road. He was not bouncing up and down, sadly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Couple of weeks ago Calde and his family were next to us in Giggling squid and, in the last couple of years, Spanish Dave outside good companions waiting for lift, Ulloa walking past us in cafe at Palmeira square, Oscar outside Costa in 1st avenue, Nooney in Dyke road Tescos garage, Casper at cafe in westdene, Orlandi in Grand Avenue, Hoskins on seafront. I don't know whether i'm just observant or a stalker ?

But reading this, main claim to fame - I suspect i have played football against Hans Kraay Fan Club when he played for Corals

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
While we were still at Withdean I bumped into Charlie Oatway in the night club that used to be the Pink Coconut after the last match of one of the seasons ( can't for the life of me remember what is was called then as it's changed so many times ). He had a sexy scantily clad lady hanging off each arm and a smile on his face that was bigger than either lady's skirt. Brought me a drink - good guy.

Queued behind Richard Carpenter waiting for the cash machine in the Westdene Spar.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I don't get how people can bring themselves to say hi to people that are famous, you wouldn't shout Oh my god it's _________ to a friend or stranger. What if the person was eating at a restaurant? Wouldn't they think you're weird if you just wander up to their table while they are eating, and timidly say hello???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That makes Leon Knight's championship career look long ! I was playing from 1982-2000 and played Corals a few times over that period so maybe

Those are the dates I was playing for Corals! Started playing adult football, for them, in 87 at the age of 16. Finished my (illustrious) Sunday League career, in the Winchester League, in 2011/12 at the age of 40.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
As a wee nipper, Gavin Geddes (remember him?....no, right?) had a garden that backed on to ours. I think he was occasionally called upon to return lost plastic footballs.
Recently, lived right by Orlandi. Now live in the same road as Calde and right by Leo. See Calde at St Anne's most weekends. Couple of times with Andrea.
Had a chat with Oscar outside Cafe Nero on Church Road, the day after our demolition of Leicester.
[MENTION=3761]El Turi[/MENTION] has played against Adam El-Abd previously.
Annnnnnnnnnd FFS on a train from East Croydon. I took a few photos surreptitiously and started a thread on it. punk:

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I took my 7 year old grandson wearing his Albion top up to Easthill Park about 3 months ago for a kick around and got talking to an elderly chap with a walking stick about the Seagulls. It turned out that he was Dennis Foreman who I remember watching play for the team back in the 1950's. I spent a great half hour or so chatting about the Club in those days and he had a host of memories and anecdotes about players and managers he had played with. I think from memory that Dennis was one of those rare breed who played for the Albion and also Sussex CC.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed talking to him although I suppose I was only about 6 or 7 when I saw him play.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think from memory that Dennis was one of those rare breed who played for the Albion and also Sussex CC.

Is it that rare? I know it is now as it's impossible to combine the two sports, but in my watching lifetime alone I have seen four at least former Brighton players turn out for Sussex (Foreman, Suttle, Bates and Gatting) ... and there were certainly several more before I was born, notably Tommy Cook

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Saw Mark McGhee in the Starbucks at Glasgow airport in 2009. I had already bought my coffee. He didn't buy me another. Very personable and chatty. Had nothing but good things to say about the Albion in particular and Brighton in general. Thoroughly bloody nice chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here