Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A quick introduction

doodlebug

May 18, 2006
Worthing
*FREE* World Cup Football Prediction Game

Hi Board,

Newbie member here, just thought i would post a quick introduction. My name is Neil, i live just down the road in Worthing.

The first Albion game i ever went to was at the Goldstone when i was just a wee nipper, to see Albion v Oxford in the FA Cup 3rd Round. I think the score was 2-1 to Oxford :-( but it was so long ago, i can't remember.

What the census for next year?......promotion back to the Championship i reckon, just in time for Falmer to open (yeah right!!!!)

A bit of a plug now, but i run a Football Prediction website which can be found at:
Football Prediction League

It's currently set up for the World Cup, but will be continuing next year for a selection of League Fixtures.

If there's enough interest, i am considering settting one up for all the Albion's games. Anyone's thoughts??

Regards
NeilFootball Prediction League

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oxford game was 3-0 to them wasn't it? but my memory is hazy after all these years

I do remember the HUGE ruck in Hove Park after the game though.

Welcome BTW......it wont take too long before you will get the gist of the board...banter, racism, homophobia, left wing bias, right wing bias, journalists who think they know everything and old bastards who know nothing.

Its great

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Dies Irae said:
Oxford game was 3-0 to them wasn't it? but my memory is hazy after all these years

Welcome BTW......it wont take too long before you will get the gist of the board...banter, racism, homophobia, left wing bias, right wing bias, journalists who think they know everything and old bastards who know nothing.

Its great

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You on about North Stand Chat or Dick Knight and Co?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm a better fan than you

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...and sycophants and apologists and religious fanatics and non religious fanatics.......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and people who believe they are better fans than anyone else because they went to Sunderland in 1978 when there was only 32 of us.........oooops:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Don't forget the perverts Dave. The breast lovers, minge lovers, cock lovers, animal lovers (Looney).

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That site looks quite fun, I would play if you set one up for the Albion games

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hi Neil.
I'm a fella. Two balls, one eager stalk. I have a girlfriend, but she's gone off me a bit. As i'm a bit ill, i'm always there when she returns from work telling her what i thought that day. She's sick of that just like i'm sick of a well-placed discomfort. Later in life i want to be teacher of kids or a king of insects. Be good to order things and explain beastly feasts as errors to bees. I'd have a hat for either. Probably a fez.
I don't have my own website.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
How do the points work on your site?

And welcome btw.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
Hi Neil.
I'm a fella. Two balls, one eager stalk. I have a girlfriend, but she's gone off me a bit. As i'm a bit ill, i'm always there when she returns from work telling her what i thought that day. She's sick of that just like i'm sick of a well-placed discomfort. Later in life i want to be teacher of kids or a king of insects. Be good to order things and explain beastly feasts as errors to bees. I'd have a hat for either. Probably a fez.
I don't have my own website.

MB, I sense you are having relationship problems?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Dies Irae said:

Certainly was 0-3, i think they had a striker called Keith Cassells that if i remember scored twice and tore our defence to pieces.

Also remember the game for my old man giving it large to a load of oxford fans on their train as it was awaiting departure from Hove.

Saw him in a completely different way after that, so proud i was:lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
doodlebug said:
It's a simple 3 points for a exact correct scoreline, 1 point for a correct result (i.e. home win etc..)

I am looking at developing a better scoring system in the near future :-D

I am running a comp for work. Same kind of idea though I have

1 point for correct result
2 points for getting a teams goals correct.

i.e. You say England vs Sweden will be 3-1 and it ends up 2-1 you get 3 points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here