Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good weekend!

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
With the Albion beating Sheffield Wednesday in the manner we did on Friday and Leeds and Reading losing yesterday after both being ahead, l have had a bloody good weekend! The cherry on the top was Palace losing in the 87th minute! Life doesn't get much better!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Couldn't care less about Palace, but we are definitely better off after the weekend than before. Primarily we won and if we keep doing that it matters not what anyone else does, but both Reading and Leeds losing is a real bonus. Newcastle were never not going to get 3 points against Rotherham, and Huddersfield likely to win at home. All in all, pretty good w/e

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As perfect as it could realistically have gone. Tues is big now - we need a few of those injured players back. I do hope the fog postponement won't come back to bite us (Cardiff in better form now and we have more injuries!)

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
As perfect as it could realistically have gone. Tues is big now - we need a few of those injured players back. I do hope the fog postponement won't come back to bite us (Cardiff in better form now and we have more injuries!)

Cardiff had injuries yesterday

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Could have managed without McCarthy repeating for the umpteenth time that he has a strong squad of players as the only comment he can make after losing at Udders, would have preferred he was extolling the virtues of a fine win, and shame Rotherham didn't score first But heyho, the rest was all good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was chatting and laughing with 12 year old Jnr Stat after the Fulham/Swansea 24 hours.

Now Jnr is a lad who to put it politely won't read the whole sentence preferring to guess the end and move onto the next thing.

So there we were reveling in the team, the wins, the squad, and palace when I said:-

'You're 12, let's say all things are even and your an Albion fan for the next 70 years.
In 70 years time someone might ask you about your favourite Albion team, you may well need to really properly remember this season'.
'In my 40 years I've never seen anything like this'.

To this day I still can't work out if I'm being optimistic or pessimistic, but nights like Friday make me sure I'm right.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I was chatting and laughing with 12 year old Jnr Stat after the Fulham/Swansea 24 hours.

Now Jnr is a lad who to put it politely won't read the whole sentence preferring to guess the end and move onto the next thing.

So there we were reveling in the team, the wins, the squad, and palace when I said:-

'You're 12, let's say all things are even and your an Albion fan for the next 70 years.
In 70 years time someone might ask you about your favourite Albion team, you may well need to really properly remember this season'.
'In my 40 years I've never seen anything like this'.

To this day I still can't work out if I'm being optimistic or pessimistic, but nights like Friday make me sure I'm right.

I've been watching since 87 and although the 91 play off team were good we never achieved anything like the last two years.

Dad/friends who were there in 78/79 - 83 all think this team has spunk/guile and flair to compete/match their exploits.

A rare time indeed!

el punal

I truly, madly, deeply, wished that I'd been at the Amex on Friday night. Our wonderful daughter had, very inconveniently, booked tickets for myself and the good, lady wife to watch Le Cirque de Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall for the same evening.

Now, wonderful as it was to see the amazing feats of nubile girls going through mid-air on bits of wire and athletic blokes leaping twenty five feet up, my thoughts were very much on proceedings fifty miles south of Kensington. Unable to use the phone to check up (strictly no-no during the performance) I was in a state of much flux as to what was happening at the Amex.

At 10.10pm the show ended. Cue nervous key tapping on the mobile and . . . . there it was, the result 2-1!! My reaction was to let out a primeval burst of pent up emotion only known to football fans in the same predicament as myself of : "Yeesss! Yeesss! F***ing get in there!!". This was followed by considerable amounts of tut-tutting from those around me. Sad sods, don't they know what I'd been through.

So, yes, a wonderful weekend. Much merry making in the pub afterwards. Then with the rest of the family on Saturday and returning home that evening with most of the results going our way. A lovely, warm glow as I watched the recording of that inspired Friday night win. Life is good.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Who? A quick Twitter search has revealed nothing?!

Pilkington according to BBC.

"An injury in the second period to Anthony Pilkington further blunted the Bluebirds, who huffed and puffed but left their supporters frustrated."

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I truly, madly, deeply, wished that I'd been at the Amex on Friday night. Our wonderful daughter had, very inconveniently, booked tickets for myself and the good, lady wife to watch Le Cirque de Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall for the same evening.

Now, wonderful as it was to see the amazing feats of nubile girls going through mid-air on bits of wire and athletic blokes leaping twenty five feet up, my thoughts were very much on proceedings fifty miles south of Kensington. Unable to use the phone to check up (strictly no-no during the performance) I was in a state of much flux as to what was happening at the Amex.

At 10.10pm the show ended. Cue nervous key tapping on the mobile and . . . . there it was, the result 2-1!! My reaction was to let out a primeval burst of pent up emotion only known to football fans in the same predicament as myself of : "Yeesss! Yeesss! F***ing get in there!!". This was followed by considerable amounts of tut-tutting from those around me. Sad sods, don't they know what I'd been through.

So, yes, a wonderful weekend. Much merry making in the pub afterwards. Then with the rest of the family on Saturday and returning home that evening with most of the results going our way. A lovely, warm glow as I watched the recording of that inspired Friday night win. Life is good.

Love this post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pilkington according to BBC.

"An injury in the second period to Anthony Pilkington further blunted the Bluebirds, who huffed and puffed but left their supporters frustrated."

Ah wicked - I did wonder why he was subbed on 50 odd mins but nobody seemed to mention an injury...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here