Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Have they? In terms of QUALITY, rather than just a couple of extra bodies no better than they had?

Also - WE will be stronger than when we last played them - we started Sidwell and Norwood in CM that day.

They bought a player who has scored 11 goals in the Championship.

There are virtually zero rumours of anything for us and it seems low expectations of signing anyone. Just dont understand the mentality of sticking with what we've got and hoping for the best, that did for us last season and could very well do for us this season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Winnall is a good signing, true. Is he actually better than any of Fletcher, Forestieri or Hooper though? Certainly gives them more depth, but doesn't make their starting XI more formidable, IMO.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

There are virtually zero rumours of anything for us and it seems low expectations of signing anyone. Just dont understand the mentality of sticking with what we've got and hoping for the best, that did for us last season and could very well do for us this season.

Whose mentality is that?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just dont understand the mentality of sticking with what we've got and hoping for the best, that did for us last season and could very well do for us this season.

First of all we didn't stick with what we had, we brought in two wingers. Secondly, we knocked up something like 40 points out of 50 after the window had shut until the end of the season.

I agree with your frustrations to a certain extent, as in the ridiculous position we were at the start of this month at the top of the table with 2 games in hand would surely have given us the negotiating power to get something done very early.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This transfer window is so dull.

I really don't know why it needs to be a full month long. Why not shorten it to a week ? ???

Just 13 days to go now.

We all know that a massive amount of deals are done on the last day.

Why not make it open for 1 day only? :eek:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

"Sticking with what we've got and hoping for the best." When exactly did we do that? Knocky and Skalak in last January, wasn't it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hardly... you have amnesia... and, no, it wasn't for half of one game... you're just plain wrong...

So....

How many games

have we played March and Knocky either side of Murray in a 433

With Kayal, Stephens and Norwood or Sidwell behind

Was the question.

If this happened then you can very easily send me a link and prove me wrong. You can't. Because you are wrong.

We tried Knocky in a sort of number 10/free role for about 60 minutes of one game, once. That is NOTHING like what I'm suggesting.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I am sure we are targeting players but, I am very concerned that we have not signed another striker. At Preston we had more shots, more shots on target and we didn't score, Murray isn't exactly prolific away from home. We have had some amazing results away from home but I think most people will admit we got a bit lucky. To not strengthen in this area IMO is a big mistake and could cost us our dreams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am hopeful that something is happening that we are unaware of because I cannot believe that TB & CH are happy to go just with what we have and hope, as we are so near to our aims to just let it pass by by doing nothing.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Was going to suggest you signed David Nugent but have discovered he's gone to Derby for £2.5 million. That would have been a good price for a back-up striker of quality, in case Muzza gets crocked.

But maybe Nugent wouldn't have wanted to come back South.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am sure we are targeting players but, I am very concerned that we have not signed another striker. At Preston we had more shots, more shots on target and we didn't score, Murray isn't exactly prolific away from home. We have had some amazing results away from home but I think most people will admit we got a bit lucky. To not strengthen in this area IMO is a big mistake and could cost us our dreams.

You can't have it both ways. You are commenting on the stats at Preston but in other games, where you are saying we got a bit lucky, the stats were the other way round so surely going against your initial point. At Preston, we had a number of key players out and it was our first loss in 19 league games. Hardly a reason to get carried away.

I think we will bring a new striker in this window but it has to be the right player and so we can wait until the end of the window. There is far too much panic on this forum. You'd think we were down the bottom of the Championship the way some are acting on here (and that last bit is not aimed at you).

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
IMO, Keane &/or Fletcher are the last resort options. Would like to see Keane in on short term deal, think as well as back up for SB, he'd have massive effect on the Irish lads in U23/18's.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IMO, Keane &/or Fletcher are the last resort options. Would like to see Keane in on short term deal, think as well as back up for SB, he'd have massive effect on the Irish lads in U23/18's.
The Fletcher rumour was a palace troll on a wind up. Best forgotten.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Weimann from Derby to Wolves on loan.. would have been near the top of our list a season or two ago?.. guess for a loan, a midlands club makes sense for family reasons, but Wolves only 8 points behind Derby..

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Weimann from Derby to Wolves on loan.. would have been near the top of our list a season or two ago?.. guess for a loan, a midlands club makes sense for family reasons, but Wolves only 8 points behind Derby..

Think Derby are looking up though. If Wolves catch them, then they are probably not going to make the play offs. However, they probably think we are still just about catchable, despite the gap, so wouldn't want to loan us a player.

Weimann is a strange one. I thought he was a decent player for Villa and would do well in the Championship when Derby signed him but he's not done much for them (although didn't he score their goal at the Amex last season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here