Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel to Amex for QPR game

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Coming from near Horsham early on Tuesday, I figured I'd drive to Three Bridges and get a train down. I'm going to give it a good few hours, but after searching here and National Rail, can't find any definitive information that the trains are/not a good bet.

Can anyone clarify things for me? This is my first game of the season so I'm absolutely out of the transport loop.

Thanks.

(Oh, and I want to be under my own steam so I don't have to worry about leaving the ground at a particular time...)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Don't think there is a strike that day, but the drivers overtime ban will still be in force.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Coming from near Horsham early on Tuesday, I figured I'd drive to Three Bridges and get a train down. I'm going to give it a good few hours, but after searching here and National Rail, can't find any definitive information that the trains are/not a good bet.

Can anyone clarify things for me? This is my first game of the season so I'm absolutely out of the transport loop.

Thanks.

(Oh, and I want to be under my own steam so I don't have to worry about leaving the ground at a particular time...)

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-queens-park-rangers-3482490.aspx

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Thanks.

Drive as close to the ground as you can get would be my advice. Plenty of big wide streets with free parking up Preston Drove on the left. Then train from London Road, or walk up to Fiveways and down the other side to the Lewes Road gyratory and catch a 25 or a 49. Easy peasy.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Drive as close to the ground as you can get would be my advice. Plenty of big wide streets with free parking up Preston Drove on the left. Then train from London Road, or walk up to Fiveways and down the other side to the Lewes Road gyratory and catch a 25 or a 49. Easy peasy.

That sounds too easy - isn't there a 'free for 2 hours' thing going on there?

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Note that the top 3 are no longer free. If you're going to Lewes Road, you may as well park off Lewes Road. I imagine Hanover/Elm Grove won't be too bad with many students away for Christmas.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion have been advised by Southern Rail to expect additional matchday rail services for the home match with Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday 27th December.
Nonetheless, as it is an early kick-off and Bank Holiday fixture the club has laid on additional travel services for fans - and also made contingency plans to deal with any disruption.
OR TRANSLATED
Brighton & Hove Albion have been told there will be plenty of trains, but don't trust southern as far as we can throw them and have already booked lots of extra car parks and buses.
As ever, well done BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here