Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
It's difficult, innit? Particularly when you look at old stubs and see how much they've risen beyond inflation. I find more than £30 difficult to justify no matter how much fun might be had. Gets me when you see supposedly anti-money-grabbing bands charging £50+bf (Massive Attack at Dome.)

There again, I had a pal this morning who thought Stone Roses were worth the £65 ticket price. Would probably have done it if they hadn't decided too late.

Most expensive Kraftwerk tickets for Antwerp 60 euros. RAH £102!!

There were still some Antwerp tickets available this morning.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought the same to be fair. Opted for Kraftwerk tixs instead.

Shame, I really, really rate Spiritualized live. One of those bands you'll never really understand their complete brilliance til you see them. Anyway when's the Spacemen 3 reformation happening?

Absolutely this. I've seen Spiritualized many times, and they have always been spine-tingling. But I am not paying that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Decided to risk it on two Early Bird weekend tickets for next year's Together the People festival in Preston Park. Really enjoyed this year's Suede day. £49.50 (each) for the weekend and 5 minutes walk from home.

Jul 7, 2003
Just announced - the legendary Half Man Half Biscuit will be playing Worthing Assembly Hall on Friday 17th March 2017.

One for [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] and many others on here to add to the diary.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just announced - the legendary Half Man Half Biscuit will be playing Worthing Assembly Hall on Friday 17th March 2017.

One for [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] and many others on here to add to the diary.

Thank you indeed. Nothing will keep me away from this.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just completed an epic weekend with Mammothfest. I'm pleased to say the organisers broke even on the friday of the event so early funds already generated for next years event which may see the likes of Deicide, Rotting christ and Aborted play. A really great little festival, particular highlights for me were the new line-up for Eastern Front on the friday, King Leviathan and Venom Inc saturday, and Boss Keloid on the sunday. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next year. An absolute must for south coast metalheads.

I washed that all down with the more melodic fayre of Lonely the Brave at the Haunt last night, who after a slightly stitled start played a stormer of a gig. Looking forward to a couple of nights in now, before a visit to the opera on friday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Another chance to get Kratwerk tickets- extra night at Albert Hall. Tickets on sale this Friday.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jamie T in Brixton last night was a more than acceptable show. I've not really paid him any attention in the past and went for the night out more than anything. He puts on a full on show with plenty of encouragement for the crowd to get involved, which they did. His fans really go for it, which was great to see. Worth a poke if you have the opportunity to see him, this show sold out in 15 minutes or so seemingly. A solid 8 out of 10.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Pictish Trail at the Green Door Store tonight and Feeder at the Roundhouse on wednesday, looking like a good week.

Glastonbury sorted on thursday in the coach sale which was a relief.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Busy gig week this week. Who else was at Swans on Saturday night? Despite the weirdly early start it was another amazing set - probably not quite as good as their last show at Concorde 2, which was in support of a better album, but they are still one of the best live bands in the world.

Tonight it's Stars of the Lid at St Marys - I have high hopes as everyone I know who has seen them says they're one of the best liver bands they've ever seen. Wednesday is parquet Courts at the Old Market - great band and venue so should eb a good night - they're great fun live. Finally, going to try and get along to Angel Olsen if possible on Thursday. Anyone else?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Busy gig week this week. Who else was at Swans on Saturday night? Despite the weirdly early start it was another amazing set - probably not quite as good as their last show at Concorde 2, which was in support of a better album, but they are still one of the best live bands in the world.

Tonight it's Stars of the Lid at St Marys - I have high hopes as everyone I know who has seen them says they're one of the best liver bands they've ever seen. Wednesday is parquet Courts at the Old Market - great band and venue so should eb a good night - they're great fun live. Finally, going to try and get along to Angel Olsen if possible on Thursday. Anyone else?

Really looking forward to Parquet Courts.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Wednesday is parquet Courts at the Old Market - great band and venue so should eb a good night - they're great fun live. Finally, going to try and get along to Angel Olsen if possible on Thursday. Anyone else?

Brighton is lucky to have those gigs at those venues. I can't make either but hope you have a smashing time at both. Angel Olsen is a treasurable force of nature. Even though they've got better since, that first PC album is still the shiz.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Damo Suzuki on Tuesday he's playing with a wicked band as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have to say The Pictish Trail were superb at the Green Door last night. Not the sort of music you would expect from the Isle of Eigg, good elctro indie fun. My friend took it upon herself to organise the show herself and I'm delighted that the place was packed out too. Not a bad start to the week at all.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

I thought Swans were at their usual pummellingly excellent best. The two new tracks are obviously works in progress and the tracks off the new album work well with more time and space for them to build and develop in a live setting.

Would be interested in hearing about stars of lid. I'm too busy at work to do a gig on a Monday night!

Am off to see Swans again on Friday and then go go penguin and melt yourself down next month.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here