Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Yes but you can't ignore the goalscoring form of the final months of the season. This was achieved by players still on the books at the club ...and we have added Glenn Murray. We have started this season scoring goals and I would argue the disappointing performance on Saturday was a result of not playing the first choice midfield. Not much the strikers can do if chances aren't created.

There were masses of chances created October to Jan last year. The strikeforce (plus Bobby!) we'd have if Murray gets injured could barely buy a goal.
We need a striker - desperately. As we did last year

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
We need Dean WIlkins back

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Or not conceding three goals against Boro. We weren't dreadful up front, we had a lot of injuries all at the same time.

During that period our attack & Hemed in particular really were dreadful. We were excellent everywhere else, which is how we stayed unbeaten & (just about) in touch

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes but you can't ignore the goalscoring form of the final months of the season. This was achieved by players still on the books at the club ...and we have added Glenn Murray. We have started this season scoring goals and I would argue the disappointing performance on Saturday was a result of not playing the first choice midfield. Not much the strikers can do if chances aren't created.

Some fans feel entitled and want to throw their teddies out of the pram, because the millions already spent haven't got what they wanted.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
During that period our attack & Hemed in particular really were dreadful. We were excellent everywhere else, which is how we stayed unbeaten & (just about) in touch

Our defence wasn't excellent. We threw away two points at Burnley, QPR, and Derby through our shaky defenders. 6points that would have made the difference.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Our defence wasn't excellent. We threw away two points at Burnley, QPR, and Derby through our shaky defenders. 6points that would have made the difference.

& scored less than we should've done (particularly by our strikers) during just about every game during that period. We're not going to agree, are we?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There were masses of chances created October to Jan last year. The strikeforce (plus Bobby!) we'd have if Murray gets injured could barely buy a goal.
We need a striker - desperately. As we did last year

I agree with you about Oct to Jan last year but we signed Knockeart in January and goals started flowing from around the team. Hemed also noticeably improved. We have retained this team. I don't understand why you think they will return to the form of a year ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mr Bloom has done incredibly well to hold onto players so far, but I'm going to be pretty disappointed if we don't bring in the striker the club have been after.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
& scored less than we should've done (particularly by our strikers) during just about every game during that period. We're not going to agree, are we?

No. Our failure to get promoted was down to conceding too many goals, especially at set pieces.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I agree with you about Oct to Jan last year but we signed Knockeart in January and goals started flowing from around the team. Hemed also noticeably improved. We have retained this team. I don't understand why you think they will return to the form of a year ago.
It's the form of 11 months ago for 3 months I'm worried about!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
50/50 about the signings as good defensively but at the moment disappointed that we havent signed a striker yet once again as it cost us last year along with defensive problems. Could go the same way again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Very happy. We have strengthened the squad that won 45 points in 20 games post last season's Jan transfer window.

The league is no stronger or weaker than any other year.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Moderately happy so far. We can't match the billy big bllox of the Championship and probably shouldn't try, but of course everybody is after the 20+ strikers and that is where the hyper-inflation is putting us out of the signings.

However its not alway the most expensive squads that win is it? Should be an opportunity for us again this season if luck smiles re injuries.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not really. Like everyone else I wanted to see an additional striker/ no.10.

We were going to buy Pritchard for 8 mil. We failed to bring him in and since then nothing seems to have happened on the striker front :shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Looking at it we've had a very good window apart from decent competition for Baldock and a genuine good quality young striker for the u23's.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Thunderbolt is saying that irrespective of our final goal tally that had we not dropped points at Burnley, QPR and Derby we'd have been promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here