Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
James Virgo: and he scored!
Current Bristol City manager: Lee Johnson. Who also scored (though, I think, only in a penalty shootout)
Geoff Pitcher: one game, one penalty, goodbye.

Don't score on your debut.

Geoff Pitcher played 10 games for the Albion

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
John Piercy.

Actually looked quite good...

Maybe he made more than one appearance?!? I recall he got a bad injury.

Darragh Ryan?!? Bad injury on an impressive debut, I seem to recall.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
No. Admittedly by the mere fact they represented the Albion all (or very nearly all) of the people mentioned on this thread are better than 99% of can ever dream to be, but I really wouldn't wanted to be remembered as a figure of fun. If I'd had that level of ability I'd rather have been a top non-league player at somewhere like Worthing and be remembered fondly as opposed to being thought of as a 'failed pro'.

Understood, but my day-dreams are more positive than that, and usually involve scoring! I'm rubbish, but that's the point of dreams!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
John Piercy.

Actually looked quite good...

Maybe he made more than one appearance?!? I recall he got a bad injury.

Darragh Ryan?!? Bad injury on an impressive debut, I seem to recall.

John Piercy played quite a few games. He had to retire due to colitis.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Crikey! Andy Ansah played 25 times for us! I thought he was a one game wonder... he even scored 3 goals!

Nah; I'm pants at this!

I remember that season Ansah signed during the season as our signing from non-league Stafford Browne looked way out of his depth on debut away at Carlisle. I don't think he played much if at all after.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Piercy played quite a bit including the play off final. Decent player on his day

I remember his penalty against Swindon in the second leg at Withdean. He scored, & then took his pulse to show how cool, calm & collected he was.

D

Deleted User X18H

His first-team career with the Albion was 4 minutes, replacing Glenn Murray at Bristol Rovers in April 2008; a game which - to those who were there - was one of those where we went absolutely ballistic as it gave us a good shout at surviving relegation.

We finished 7th in 2008. You probably mean 2009.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
haven't read the whole thread

but will mention John Phillips (goalkeeper)

better known for playing at Chelsea

he did play one game for us on loan

against palace at the goldstone of all matches

sadly he passed away only a few weeks ago

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Simon Steele played in goal for one game only, away to Leeds at Elland Road in about 84/85ish ..... another one, I think, Grant Horscroft played one League game at the Goldstone in the 80's.

Final one from me, newly signed Paul Holsgrove, who I saw play for us in a pre season friendly at Lewes, then we promptly sold him to Hibernian for a tidy profit before the League season started ! Think this was the first season we played our home games at Gillingham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User X18H

Didnt Matt Hicks appear on the bench for an Albion team that played at Stanstead as a thank you for Gary Hart's 10 years at the Albion ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here