Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Ben Andrews? Pretty sure he got sent off away at Carlisle and that was about it.

2 Appearances, Highly rated but injury prone, was first team squad player under Horton & Adams before retiring through injury.

McArthur played 3 games

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Interesting thread, but...

What wouldn't any of us give to be involved on the pitch, even for a few minutes? You all dream of it, don't you?

Zamora 25

Mar 11, 2008
Brighton
Great thread!

Think he played more than 1 game but the other lad from Man City, Gai Assulin

Mark Wright (Winger)
Torbjørn Agdestein (Striker) dont think he played many

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great thread!

Think he played more than 1 game but the other lad from Man City, Gai Assulin

Mark Wright (Winger)
Torbjørn Agdestein (Striker) dont think he played many

7, 3 and 6 appearances, respectively.

Another GK Tony Meola 1990. He may of played a couple of games.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Correct, 2.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
How about Gavin Geddes? I went to school with him and I'm sure I watched him play at the Goldstone (although it might have been a reserve game I suppose), he might have even scored. At a guess it would have been around 1994 ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How about Gavin Geddes? I went to school with him and I'm sure I watched him play at the Goldstone (although it might have been a reserve game I suppose), he might have even scored. At a guess it would have been around 1994 ...

I'm sure he played more than one game. I saw him play at Bournemouth when we got well beaten

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Never played a first team game, as far as I recall.

He DID play in a kick about with me and my brothers though, in the hockey goal at Blatch Mill, when he was about 14, until the caretaker slung us off. I caught him right on the shin - accidentally of course - and he had a MASSIVE lump spring up in about 30 seconds.

Sorry Gavin, if you're reading :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
How about the Orient v Brighton match (Russell Slade's first ever game) for a whole host of one-game players.

Gary Borrowdale? Andersen in goal? Did Matt Heath play many games?

2581g69.jpg

shit the bed that is an awful line up

Oct 25, 2003
2 more keepers:

Michael Poke
Mitch Walker

yeh they must be. Gus gave Walker his debut in the final game of the season in his first season I think- at home to someone. As for Poke, wiki says he played 0 games but I'm sure he played in a cup game that we lost

Oct 25, 2003
No idea what happened to our loan keeper next .

he had a fairly respectable career in the States and earned himself 10 caps for the USMNT. Also played a fair bit for QPR including in the Prem (only remember that as I was really excited as in the premier league sticker album that year it had Brighton in his career history which was very rare for a premier league player at the time)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting thread, but...

What wouldn't any of us give to be involved on the pitch, even for a few minutes? You all dream of it, don't you?
No. Admittedly by the mere fact they represented the Albion all (or very nearly all) of the people mentioned on this thread are better than 99% of can ever dream to be, but I really wouldn't wanted to be remembered as a figure of fun. If I'd had that level of ability I'd rather have been a top non-league player at somewhere like Worthing and be remembered fondly as opposed to being thought of as a 'failed pro'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeh they must be. Gus gave Walker his debut in the final game of the season in his first season I think- at home to someone. As for Poke, wiki says he played 0 games but I'm sure he played in a cup game that we lost

Poke definitely played at Northampton in a LC game. We lost 2-0 (I think one goal was his howler), Navarro (I think?) suffered a long term injury, Sparrow got a straight red, and I remember thinking how shit the season was going to be.

(we pissed the league, of course)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here