Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club has 4 wingers, with the added bonus of a reserve, now too.
Those 4 winger all have very different skills.
They play in a division against teams with different attributes.

Thank god we have a manager shrewd enough to pick the right team for the right occasion.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
We didn't hear why Norwood was missing until he was back in the frame. I rate Murphy - good squad player and need him for the run in- more of a goal threat than Skalak

If his wife has been giving birth over the last 5 weeks you could be right. I suspect he is carrying an injury and it may be a continuation of the one he had at the end of last season and is being used sparingly. I think he had a groin issue. I don't know for certain or if I am near the truth, it is just what I suspect, and it's not down to his performances.

Five weeks is a hell of a time to be in labour. He should be contacting the Guinness book of records.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I like him a lot too but there is nothing sinister in his exclusion.

He isn't injured.

I think someone had to pay the price for the Forrest defeat. Since Skalak's exclusion he had been doing well in training and when a bad performance is turned in like it was at Forrest, then Skalak was obviously going to come back and it does seem to be Murphy or Skalak.

I still don't get the Skalak thing but have to concede he has done well since he came back

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The club has 4 wingers, with the added bonus of a reserve, now too.
Those 4 winger all have very different skills.
They play in a division against teams with different attributes.

Thank god we have a manager shrewd enough to pick the right team for the right occasion.

Defensively stronger, deliveries miles ahead. However, lacks meaningful pace and less likely to offer a goal threat, all opinions of course.

Edit- sorry [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] quoted wrong post, meant for [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes because that's definitely the most important thing right now.

Sake.
Writing off the top flight career of a 25 year old, full international, winger, who arrived in the country a year ago, and seems fairly integral to a tight-knit squad of players, is definitely the most important thing right now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Slightly off topic but does anyone know if Bigger Clubs all have the names of Opponents and the date of the match on the match balls ?

I have to go to a Fund Raising Event for the British Heart Foundation which my friends in Scotland organise every year and Jamie's last Motherwell match was against Celtic and I was going to approach Celtic and ask them if they still had the match ball so that I could auction it at the Event if I managed to get it signed by Jamie to raise some money for the Charity.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yes because that's definitely the most important thing right now.

Sake.
The OP asked "How do you lot rate him?" I gave my opinion, I won't be booing or jeering him or Skalak if they're playing on Saturday or Tuesday so what's the problem?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Defensively stronger, deliveries miles ahead. However, lacks meaningful pace and less likely to offer a goal threat, all opinions of course.

Edit- sorry [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] quoted wrong post, meant for [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know who you're talking about, and it's a good assessment. I'd add that sometimes his decision-making can be utterly negative -- although when he gets it right and is more ambitious, as against Derby recently, it can be sublime -- and he just falls over too often.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton confirms yet again he's been leaving him out for tactical reasons. Hasn't had a knock. Wife is not in labour. Not "strange". Not "out for the season". Not a "groin issue".
Obviously its a smokescreen for what is really going on.
via today's Argus. http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15195742.Murphy_unlucky_to_lose_his_spot_says_Albion_boss/

"Jamie's been very unfortunate. It's really a consequence of managing the squad and the bench
"Sometimes I'll have two defenders on the bench, sometimes one wide player when I've got two playing with two strikers.
"It's just the balance of the squad. Solly's made an impact at times when he's come on and it's just a choice.
"He's certainly very much in there, as he has always been. It's just cirumstances at the moment. We are going to need everybody at their levels."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loud wrong.

I really wasn't expecting Skalak to start today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here