Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Most economists who criticise Brexit use hypothetical arguments, but, in the real world, the UK can eliminate import taxes, improving living standards and simplifying the Byzantine tax system

So, hypothetically Tim, the UK can eliminate import taxes, improving living standards and simplifying the Byzantine tax system? :facepalm:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I presume the sarcasm is because you have no real idea what your point is.

My point was:

Julie Etchingham is well fit.
Julie Etchingham doesn't think Brexit will go well.

I remember Julie Etchingham back in the 1990s man, on Newsround - still as gorgeous today apparently and every bit as stunning in person too.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My point was:

Julie Etchingham is well fit.
Julie Etchingham doesn't think Brexit will go well.

I remember Julie Etchingham back in the 1990s man, on Newsround - still as gorgeous today apparently and every bit as stunning in person too.

Really? That was your first point, and you are indeed right. Your second point, however, is what I was questioning, as you well know. What is your point when you say she remarked about Brexit, saying "Oh God". That should now be clear at last.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I agree we need a much simplified tax system, it may help in putting a stop to all this dutch sandwich and double irish that's deployed by the big corporations to avoid tax.

He has a point about the eu being protectionists, look what happened when Trump announced he would increase tariffs on steel imports, but it's exactly what they do to other countries that want to import into the eu,

http://madb.europa.eu/madb/euTariffs.htm

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He’s a self made businessman worth over 750 million quid. Sneer all you like but he clearly knows a thing or two about the economy.

He knows a fair about running a successful pub business, that does not mean he would be a good economic advisor for the U.K. just saying. Bizarrely I quite like the guy though, he is not corporate, he speaks his mind

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s a self made businessman worth over 750 million quid. Sneer all you like but he clearly knows a thing or two about the economy.

He’s worth about a third of that I reckon.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

You don't need 750m quid to work out that "In fact, MPs have the power to eliminate these import taxes in March 2019, thereby reducing prices for the public, just as their predecessors achieved the same objective by repealing the Corn Laws almost two centuries ago." is total nonsense.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
You don't need 750m quid to work out that "In fact, MPs have the power to eliminate these import taxes in March 2019, thereby reducing prices for the public, just as their predecessors achieved the same objective by repealing the Corn Laws almost two centuries ago." is total nonsense.

That’s his view, I don’t particularly agree either. What I was pulling you up on was your snobbish comment, dismissing him as “The bloke from spoons” (then an emoji) as if you’re some kind of huge financial success story yourself. Which I doubt. (Smiley winky face)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s his view, I don’t particularly agree either. What I was pulling you up on was your snobbish comment, dismissing him as “The bloke from spoons” (then an emoji) as if you’re some kind of huge financial success story yourself. Which I doubt. (Smiley winky face)

You don’t need to be financially successful to dismiss his comments. His comments are dismissed because they’re nonsense and he comes across as a gonshite who likes the sound of his own voice.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Had Remainers tried to soften Brexit, they'd have succeeded. But in trying to overturn it, they risk bringing about the worst of all worlds.

More wise words from Daniel Hannan.

By wise words I mean trying to pass the blame for his lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here