Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Wenger goes

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wenger will move upstairs at the end of the season and Thierry Henry will come in as coach.

Not likely, they don’t get on any more apparently and Wenger is far too proud to do that. By all accounts he’s fallen out with most of his ex stars.

To be fair, he’s become this stubborn, grumpy old man, out of touch with the modern world as a lot of men seem to as they get older. Certainly when I hear my Dad who’s a similar age talk, they sound very familiar! Fortunately my Dad is not embarassing himself totally by doing it on a massively public scale like Wenger with a bunch of moronic millenials unnecessarily abusing him.

I feel quite sad watching his decline from afar, he needs to be done a favour quickly. I’ve heard some say sacking him would be disrespectful but I think keeping him in that job is far worse. I know he’s earning a lot of money, but money really isn’t the be all and end all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why the hell would Hughton want to work for the Dildo Brothers? They and Brady are the antithesis of the Brighton management team - they're probably the club he's least likely to want to go to.

I can't see him jumping at Everton either. Mismatched group of players, new owner (who knows little about football), uncertainty about the ground and a set of entitled fans deeply envious of their neighbour.

I can't see him moving, unless to a Big Six club ... and they wouldn't want him

I hope you’re right, and you may well be. But if he had the prospect of a massive budget and a bumper pay rise, I’m sure he’d be tempted . anyone would be.
Also I would imagine hughton, like poyet, will have in mind ‘how far can I take brighton ?’.
West Ham and Everton both have a lot of potential. An ambitious manager will believe he can unlock it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope you’re right, and you may well be. But if he had the prospect of a massive budget and a bumper pay rise, I’m sure he’d be tempted . anyone would be.
Also I would imagine hughton, like poyet, will have in mind ‘how far can I take brighton ?’.
West Ham and Everton both have a lot of potential. An ambitious manager will believe he can unlock it.

I could be wrong but I think Poyet and Hughton are polar opposites.

Hughton's been on the end of harsh sackings and I would imagine loves working with a supportive, stable Board of Directors. The fan base is pretty good too.

el punal

No chance!!! They wouldn't even consider him. It will be a Low/Tuchel/Simeone type.

Bearing in mind the meltdown their fans are having at the moment, I would quite like to witness them appointing a Tottenham legend though, imagine the scenes!.

Of course the reverse was true not long ago. The Spurs song of "Man in the raincoat's blue and white army!" resonates as the fans couldn't bring themselves to chant his name. Remember who it was? :cheers:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Of course the reverse was true not long ago. The Spurs song of "Man in the raincoat's blue and white army!" resonates as the fans couldn't bring themselves to chant his name. Remember who it was? :cheers:

I was shocked by that move at the time.

Can you imagine a Brighton legend like Alan Mullery going to manage Palace?! Or a Palace legend like Steve Coppell managing Brighton?!

Oh.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
A difficult decision for Arsenal and they are not in a good position to make it. Civil war on the board between Kroenke and Usmanov. They had become accustomed to the Champions League money, although this is less important. The main problem is that they are having to make an appointment for the first time since a fundamental shift in the Premier League economy and the arrival of Chelsea and Man City on the big time, plus the more recent re-emergence of Spurs. Probably the best replacement for Wenger is Wenger - the 1996 version. not the current one, who can transform the club from top to bottom. The question is whether the board, and their "long suffering" fans would have the patience to go with someone of that sort.

All of which, I think, rules out our Chris.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The ONLY man who matters at this club is Tony Bloom. Everyone else is replaceable.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think people are forgetting that, up till now, Hughton didn't have a great record in the PL - he's already been sacked by two clubs, If we stay up, it will be a good achievement but he's not taken them to Europe, or on the fringes, nor has he established the Albion in the top division.

If a big club did want a British manager, I would have thought that Smug Eddie and the Ginger Dalek would be higher up the pecking order than Chris. In the past year, there have been vacancies at WH and Everton and neither club went for the established managers. I can't see why it would be different for Hughton.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think people are forgetting that, up till now, Hughton didn't have a great record in the PL - he's already been sacked by two clubs, If we stay up, it will be a good achievement but he's not taken them to Europe, or on the fringes, nor has he established the Albion in the top division.

If a big club did want a British manager, I would have thought that Smug Eddie and the Ginger Dalek would be higher up the pecking order than Chris. In the past year, there have been vacancies at WH and Everton and neither club went for the established managers. I can't see why it would be different for Hughton.

Agreed. Much as we like 'our' Chris and his reputation here, you won't often see much criticism towards Howe or Dyche from other clubs. They are both very well respected for their achievements and manner towards players.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone heard if Steve Cotterill has applied yet, or biding his time?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Does anyone really think Wagner is an option? I respect what he's done at Hudds but surely it's a bit of a stretch to consider him for the Arsenal post? Plus he's a fkin ****, the only thing he's done that pleased me was nearly get a smack from Garrrrry Monk.

I like BG's find of Julian NAGGLEMAN. What a name! Sounds like a shit super villain.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Low would be a poor appoinment in my opinion, Hasn't ever done much at club Level, clearly a huge success at international level but as we know two very different beasts.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
It's gonna be like United all over again. They'll replace him with a manager who's previous job was doing reasonably well with a mediocre team. He'll inherit an aging/underperforming squad and half of them will leave, the other half will retire, and Arsenal will slip to mid-table finishes for a couple of seasons, and then be back to their 5-8th-finishing best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here