Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Maybe uncle Spielberg has hired some massive fans to blow in the milder air.

7a5ae90e5477aa5fe8e234d050c6f1aa.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Beeb forecast I just saw spoke of a possible blizzard Thu / Fri - with the usual comments about how difficult it is to predict, etc, etc

Since the " Hurricane " of '87 they always take a more pessimistic view of wind speed/rainfall/snowfall just so as they can say we told you so in the rare event its ever bad.

I really don't expect any snow, certainly not in Worthing a mile from the sea.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There is still a good chance some of us will get a good covering of snow, because anything that falls before Friday will be snow. Exactly where it falls and how much, is very much a mystery until it falls. Just make the most of whatever you do get before Friday!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Nearly worth a poll on how much we're going to get over 5 days im going all in for 10cm each day with a good dump on friday 30 cm giving a total of 70 cm. This is based on F A.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Nearly worth a pole on how much we're going to get over 5 days im going all in for 10cm each day with a good dump on friday 30 cm giving a total of 70 cm. This is based on F A.

Any prediction is a guess at the moment! I live in Hove and work in Burgess Hill, so I’m going for 2 inches in Hove and 4 in BH.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Looks like people in the right places of sussex will get some snow. Still
Looks hard to say exactly how much. Some heavy showers over Monday Tuesday Wednesday will see accumulations but breaks in the cloud will see a thaw quite quickly.
End of week confidence is low but models suggest mild air pushing northwards. Snow at first Thursday to Friday turning to rain. May could still go either way though I’m sure. To me Tuesday looks most likely for snow that will settle

I’ll edge 3cm Tuesday
2cm Wednesday
10 Thursday into Friday before rain

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43190440[/video]

Looks like the end of the week could be fun.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
CorgiRegisteredFriend;83 52780 said:
[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43190440[/video]

Looks like the end of the week could be fun.

I saw the potential " Flump " from that front, it's a long way off and plenty can change.....i'm off Friday in any event.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is rapidly becoming "the award winning official - not really going to happen after all, despite all the over-inflated hype, is it" thread.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is rapidly becoming "the award winning official - not really going to happen after all, despite all the over-inflated hype, is it" thread.

And you have you only just noticed ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Never did German, what's the translation please ?

I know schnee means snow because of this:

I'll take any opportunity I can to squeeze in something from Stimmhorn :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They have gone large with the forecast on Countryfile tonight, 15-20 cm's or more and drifting Thursday with a wallop coming from France on Friday..... Major Disruption !!!!! I've got one sack of logs left, might have to breakup the dining table and chairs...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
They have gone large with the forecast on Countryfile tonight, 15-20 cm's or more and drifting Thursday with a wallop coming from France on Friday..... Major Disruption !!!!! I've got one sack of logs left, might have to breakup the dining table and chairs...

We all know we will end up with 1cm of snow in East Sussex if we are lucky but fingers crossed they are correct for once.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We all know we will end up with 1cm of snow in East Sussex if we are lucky but fingers crossed they are correct for once.

Mrs V will be overjoyed if there is chaos Friday morning.....no work for her !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here