Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of the WSL incident

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
It definitely looks like the guy was going to go and then a few of them said things to him as he was leaving. Also it looks like one of them tried to punch him and then remembered that it was against the rules and stopped before he hit the guy's face.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There can be no reason for a steward to throw a punch when the guy is restrained, that is assault. If it is kicking off so close to the suits it shows the levels of frustration right now

If he was a kick boxer (as stated above), then he could have been kicking out, and the steward is trying to get him off balance to restrain his legs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there are people who know this chap, are they able to get his side of the story.

Something clearly enrages him massively.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If there are people who know this chap, are they able to get his side of the story.

Something clearly enrages him massively.

They said there'd be a mistake. they'd sold his reserved Xmas jumper in the shop.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
It looked as if other fans wanted to get involved after the punch from the stewards and that could have escalated quickly.

If I were this guy I'd ve saying drop the charges against me and ill drop them against the steward. But it probably doesn't work like that

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Stopped the vid at 46 mins and can see clearly why he kicked off....what a ****ing load of shit, we can't pass more than 5 yards to a team mate. Plus the fact the Finn is an utter ****.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I am in the video as I sit just in front of him. What happened was he stood up at had a real go at Hyppia and Jones calling for them to be sacked. Paul Watson, the ex player and physio, started having a go back so the lad said that he hoped he got sacked too. This then lead to Watson coming over to him swearing his head off and offering him out and a scuffle followed, quickly dispersed by stewards. All calmed down and the stewards could be seen having a mothers meeting involving managers and supervisors and after about 5 to 10 minutes about 8 to 10 stewards marched up the steps and tried to grab him out. One women steward totally lost the plot and started to yell at matey. It then, very quickly turned into the melee you see on the video. The lads dad and brother got involved and ended with the lad being jumped on by 5 stewards. He had by now totally lost the plot. The whole incident was initially caused by Paul Watson totally unprofessional behaviour and then by inept and dangerous stewarding.
Having sat near the guy since Amex opened he can be mouthy however on this occasion the stewards went totally over the top and Watson should be reprimanded for his part. No doubt he will now be banned, it would seem that as fans we are now no longer able to have an opinion!
Symptomatic of the current malise at the club!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Who the hell records 56min of action at a match?! Mental.

Sits near you, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I think...?!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Poor effort from Watson if that's true.
In my experience he doesn't have a lot of time for fans.
An apology for his lack of professionalism would go a long way though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here