Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slovakia v England - World Cup Qualifier - 5pm KO

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have watched England for over 50 years and this is as ordinary as I have ever seen and that is putting it mildly. There is no class anywhere in the squad. No one that you could point a finger at and say he is a high class player. No real skill, no real creativity and no real hope for the future.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I have watched England for over 50 years and this is as ordinary as I have ever seen and that is putting it mildly. There is no class anywhere in the squad. No one that you could point a finger at and say he is a high class player. No real skill, no real creativity and no real hope for the future.

Sometimes they make the best teams.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Quite. None of them would get in an England best 11.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Is anyone actually suprised. Lessons not learnt from the WC. All the time these players are picked we won't win anything

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of the comments on here read like the posters are surprised by poor performances.

Nothing has changed on the pitch, for England, in nearly 30 years, and England were pretty poor before then too.

The quicker 'we' calibrate our expectations to their performance and pass that message onto the fawning media, the happier we'll all be.

As a nation we've just watched 3 weeks of fantastic sport.
We've got behind so many Brit's giving their all to be winners, just like 4 years ago.

The sooner we divert our attention elsewhere and make the footballers earn our support and respect, the better it will be for everyone.

Apr 14, 2016

Come on, it's really not that bad. Let's give Allardyce's system time to gel and appreciate a clean sheet and a solid high possession performance. We have plenty of individual talent in this team – they just haven't shown it for England yet.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well that was pretty shite. Highlight of the afternoon was the completely random appearance of Paul Merson to watch the match in my local in Brighton :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite. None of them would get in an England best 11.
An 11 that would still get their arses handed to them on a plate by the best 11 of Italy, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, France and Germany B.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Who do we pick though? It's not like we are a hotbed of talent.

Players from the championship, they will have the pride and passion to wear the shirt. Good example, Wales.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here