Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wetherspoons

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've just had the latest edition of the Wetherspoons magazine pushed through my letterbox by the postman. Crammed full of Brexit stuff it's more a political paper than a paper about beer. I don't subscribe to it so is Tim Martin sending copies to everyone?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Wetherspoons magazine

tenor.gif

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Looks more like a UKIP pamphlet than the magazine of a pub chain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I daresay it'll generate a predictable plaintive chorus of "Lies, lies, all lies". I expect they will then retreat into their bubble in which Tim Martin is classified as thick as shit, if not positively a swivel-eyed loon, in spite of the fact that he is clearly not, and runs a highly successful business (which is well set up to thrive after Brexit).

I thought it was a good read. :thumbsup:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I daresay it'll generate a predictable plaintive chorus of "Lies, lies, all lies". I expect they will then retreat into their bubble in which Tim Martin is classified as thick as shit, if not positively a swivel-eyed loon, in spite of the fact that he is clearly not, and runs a highly successful business (which is well set up to thrive after Brexit).

I thought it was a good read. :thumbsup:

Because no one will be able to afford to drink anywhere else?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because no one will be able to afford to drink anywhere else?
Businesses that are well prepared will doubtless fare better than the ones who can only moan that the end of the world is at hand, would you not agree?

And do you not think that many people drink in Wetherspoons for that very reasons whilst we are still in the EU?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Businesses that are well prepared will doubtless fare better than the ones who can only moan that the end of the world is at hand, would you not agree?

And do you not think that many people drink in Wetherspoons for that very reasons whilst we are still in the EU?

It was a joke :smile:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
and runs a highly successful business (which is well set up to thrive after Brexit).

[TWEET]1087994708889165824[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[TWEET]1087994708889165824[/TWEET]

Just seems bizarre that a PLC purely focused on the UK market would take such a hard line on either side of Brexit and alienate half the population. Can see our local Spoons closing, always seems empty these days

Suffice to say this arrived on my doormat yesterday, good use of shareholders money?

Capture.JPG

Someone needs to remind Tim Martin Spoons is a cheap pub selling cheer beer and microwaved food, its not a political organisation

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I love Wetherspoons. Cheap beer in a converted abbatoir where you are so valued you have to pay before being served is a great way of keeping smelly people out of the better pubs.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder if it cost £9 million for the mailshot?Probably not,I expect the civil service managed to treble the cost of Cameron's.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Just seems bizarre that a PLC purely focused on the UK market would take such a hard line on either side of Brexit and alienate half the population. Can see our local Spoons closing, always seems empty these days

Suffice to say this arrived on my doormat yesterday, good use of shareholders money?
Someone needs to remind Tim Martin Spoons is a cheap pub selling cheer beer and microwaved food, its not a political organisation

I did also read somewhere that all these pro-Brexit articles they've pooled into 'Wetherspoons News' they didn't ask the various publications for permission/rights before reprinting them. This might get a tad more expensive for Mr Martin yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here