Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thats because you keep talking the EU down, if you just got behind it and believed in the spirit of Europeans it would be brilliant.
Yeah, we should claim more money for growing crops no one wants, buy butter from French Farmers that isn't wanted and subsidise those poor tobacco growers in southern Europe as they grow their awful crop. It's great that! Not to mention billions wasted on fields lying fallow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I very much doubt it.I think that is an illusion in your rather fevered mind,rather than allusion,but you carry on as you enjoy it so much.

Whatever. I’m off for a pint with Bobby Moore :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A little tool to show some of the things going on in your area with the help of EU funding. https://www.myeu.uk/postcode/BN3/7HY
Imagine what we could do as a net contributor to the EU if we were able to choose how to spend all our money.

Having said that, if we do leave, I am under no allusion that we would manage things better, but the potential would be there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Holy macaroni, this is disturbing:

A poll commissioned last week by ICM found that 'No Deal' was the most popular option amongst the 2,500 or so survey respondents

--------

That's not the saddest thing about it. When picking through these numbers, it turns out that a significant proportion of respondents wrongly believe that 'no deal' means we stay in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/jan/21/brexit-latest-news-mays-statement-mps-commons-deal-will-be-absolute-disaster-says-business-minister-as-may-prepares-to-address-mps-politics-live?CMP=share_btn_tw&page=with:block-5c45c472e4b0197a614f73bd#block-5c45c472e4b0197a614f73bd

I'm all for giving the public votes on important matters, but when many of us don't actually fully understand what we're being asked...what hope is there?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

A poll commissioned last week by ICM found that 'No Deal' was the most popular option amongst the 2,500 or so survey respondents

--------

That's not the saddest thing about it. When picking through these numbers, it turns out that a significant proportion of respondents wrongly believe that 'no deal' means we stay in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2019/jan/21/brexit-latest-news-mays-statement-mps-commons-deal-will-be-absolute-disaster-says-business-minister-as-may-prepares-to-address-mps-politics-live?CMP=share_btn_tw&page=with:block-5c45c472e4b0197a614f73bd#block-5c45c472e4b0197a614f73bd

I'm all for giving the public votes on important matters, but when many of us don't actually fully understand what we're being asked...what hope is there?

Makes the decision to have a referendum look even more stupid. I really hadn't realised we were this thick as a nation.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Makes the decision to have a referendum look even more stupid. I really hadn't realised we were this thick as a nation.

I thought Grauniad readers were supposed to be clever?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think we're any more thick than any other nation. However, I think we're the victims of undue influence from our media over a sustained period. I'm not saying people believe what they're told but if the media continually bombard people with opinions dressed up as facts you can't help but see that it's going to impact their opinion.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
What a bizarre and obtuse comment, that doesn't appear to relate to me or the country at large.

Who was the survey based on then?EU returnees?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You come across as ever more moronic with every passing post. And I can tell you, given your form that takes some doing. Well done.

Still as happy as ever then,Simpster?:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

--------

This has come up before, and is quite widespread - the misunderstanding that 'No Deal' means no brexit.

Obviously if there came to be a vote, the 'No Deal' option - should any government be stupid enough and negligent enough to offer it as an option - would absolutely not be worded as 'no deal', but something clearer*.

(*'Armageddon' or somesuch)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
This has come up before, and is quite widespread - the misunderstanding that 'No Deal' means no brexit.

Obviously if there came to be a vote, the 'No Deal' option - should any government be stupid enough and negligent enough to offer it as an option - would absolutely not be worded as 'no deal', but something clearer*.

(*'Armageddon' or somesuch)

Brexiters would suggest calling it 'clean exit' or 'WTO deal', as if that would help clarify things.

And [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION], I wouldn't go as far as suggesting these people are thick per se, just ignorant. I wouldn't blame them though. If you asked a random selection of people on the street what various Brexit-related jargon means, most won't have a clue. Many people are at the stage where they don't pay attention to the political news anymore and just want the whole debacle over and done with. They no longer care. All of this is why a second referendum shouldn't happen...

...But then if there were a second referendum, I personally would change my vote. It's a complete mess, whatever happens :(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No it's not ..... it's Nibble.

When my niece was younger and I would babysit, she would watch these terrible American high school films. They were full of girls that made comments like this. I suppose the polite term would be “catty”. If it wasn’t so un PC I’d say you were like a little bitch.

Despite all evidence to the contrary, I’m lead to believe you are a grown man. Would you perhaps consider acting like one rather than a bitchy, American high school girl?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here