Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who's The TV Person With The Least Talent And Presumably The Best Agent?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Natasha kaplinsky

I have an irrational dislike of her. Albeit semi rational as she denies her state school background in brighton

I think it’s because she has the look of a woman who would definitely steal someone’s husband.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Agree with a few of these.

But a special call out for Romesh Ranganathan.

I love Sri Lankans/SR Brits but sorry Romesh. Not funny as a comedian in the first place.

His travel show to Albania tonight is the most toe-curling, desperate, disrespectful piece of TV I've seen in a while:- hats off to the Beeb they've excelled themselves.

(Despite the crowbarred resolution at the end.)

A fascinating and historic, if underdeveloped country.

But nowhere as underdeveloped as Romesh's (alleged) talent and/or understanding, or desire to understand the place.

The Albanians were right (He's not funny...why is he so bored/boring?...why is he here?..is this what Brits are like?)

Forced laughing at his dreadful 'jokes'.

Embarrassed that via the phoney 'woke' BBC apparatchiks he is, through no vote of mine, 'representing' the UK.

(Unless you count my licence fee as a vote.

It's not. Scrap the licence fee say I, watch the BBC disappear down its own unrepresentative, social justice throat.)

Many of the low-talent names in this thread fall into the same category. Let the BBC stand or fall on advertisers ratings like the others I say, then see its ratings disappear and the woke-approved talent-free no-marks evaporate into obscurity, the day cannot come soon enough.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Whenever I've caught him on TV (accidentally I must stress) Stephen Mulhern has always struck me as a poor man's Shane Richie, which is some accomplishment as even Shane Richie is a poor man's Shane Richie. They both have that quality to their performance which prevents you from escaping the thought "former Butlins Redcoat". Whether they were or not I have no idea but if I had to bet money on it I'd say they both were. Time for a quick google...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Well I was half right. Mulhern was a Redcoat.... Richie meanwhile was a Pontins Bluecoat.

D

Deleted member 18477

All of the ITV world cup panel of pillocks.

I like all of them, even Roy Keane. Just hate the studio and the host is dull! I dislike Rio and Jenas the most. Rio bums every ex team mate and player who he wants to be pals with to stay relevant (Neymar etc.) and Jenas lol how the hell did he land a job, nearly as bad as Joey Barton, Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton.

My perfect Panel for World Cup would have been - with the current crop;

Linekar as host with Shearer, Gary Neville and Bilic.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I love Sri Lankans/SR Brits but sorry Romesh. Not funny as a comedian in the first place.

His travel show to Albania tonight is the most toe-curling, desperate, disrespectful piece of TV I've seen in a while:- hats off to the Beeb they've excelled themselves.

But nowhere as underdeveloped as Romesh's (alleged) talent and/or understanding, or desire to understand the place.

The Albanians were right (He's not funny...why is he so bored/boring?...why is he here?..is this what Brits are like?)

Embarrassed that via the phoney 'woke' BBC apparatchiks he is, through no vote of mine, 'representing' the UK.

It's not. Scrap the licence fee say I, watch the BBC disappear down its own unrepresentative, social justice throat.)

Many of the low-talent names in this thread fall into the same category. Let the BBC stand or fall on advertisers ratings like the others I say, then see its ratings disappear and the woke-approved talent-free no-marks evaporate into obscurity, the day cannot come soon enough.

I have to say I find him very funny indeed.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I'm suprised at another negative post about RR. I'm glad the BBC have given him a show. It's pretty much the only show I'm watching on the BBC at the moment.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I'm suprised at another negative post about RR. I'm glad the BBC have given him a show. It's pretty much the only show I'm watching on the BBC at the moment.

My much better half and I loved RR’s TV show when he went to Sri Lanka, and on the strength of that went to see him live at the Hammy O, where he was appalling - so bad, we left at half time. Just not funny at all.

Our sense is that, with him, it’s all about the script. Much like the show Friends.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In my opinion Romesh Ranganathan is one of the funniest comedians around. He has never failed to make me and the other half laugh. We are enjoying his new show on BBC2 at the moment.

There you go. Comedy is probably more a matter of individual taste than almost any other field of human endeavour, and I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with my opinion.

My difficulty is that the BBC and others are so desperate to be seen to be inclusive that we get declarations like this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...new-shows-2018-2019-shane-allen-a8406331.html

Whether someone is funny seems to be less important than what colour they are, which is patronising in the extreme. I don't care what colour a comedian is - I want them to be funny. Fair enough, let's see as much new talent as possible and give people a chance - and by all means let's ditch the many unfunny white 'comedians' - but Romesh Ranganathan is hardly up-and-coming, and he's everywhere. So I think he qualifies for the 'best agent' part of the thread title.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Steph McGovern.

I really like Steph :)

Anyway - Leigh Francis, Paddy McGuiness, Ben Shepherd, everybody else from GMB, if we're including writers then Ben Elton since halfway through 'The Thin Blue Line' and a growing dislike of David Mitchell because it appears he will do literally ANYTHING for cash.

Oh, and Keith Allen of course. And Lee Mack.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here