Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Forgive me interrupting - I mainly just browse this thread at the moment - but my impression was that Thunder Bolt was criticising the Government's contempt for the Lords' constitional role by 'debating' all of their amendments in a single Commons session. That, surely, was his point (and Caroline Lucas's too) and I have to say it was a good one.

Quite. I thought the same. BTW, [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] is not generally a male. :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cameron only went ahead with it as he and most well all remainers were cock sure of winning it. Non stop whining ever since the people gave their verdict

I wasn't and said so on here. Also predicted the Trump victory. And Corbyn becoming PM.... (ok, 66% hit rate....so far)

There is also a big difference between whining, and shaking one's head sadly. But anyone not recognising this cluster**** for what it is needs to be whined at, I suspect. Till their head aches with the sound of it.

I have no comment to make to anyone who thinks Brexit at any cost and with no deal is all they want for their emotional equilibrium, but those who still argue it will have any number of small benefits strike me as delusional and ludicrous, which is why I have blocked those among them who post on NSC.

I like this thread, though. It cheers me to see how actually few the real thundr***** number. And I still have less than ten of them blocked. Good luck lads - it seems your gene pool is outmoded :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There were four other candidates: Fox, Leadsom, Gove and Crabb - three of them Brexiters, one (like May) a Remainer

Fair enough.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Poison chalice. Once things are sorted they will Come out of the woodwork

So the Brexiteers have handed her a poisoned chalice and are waiting for her to sort it before they come out the woodwork?

I hope they've settled in comfortably as it may well be a long wait :facepalm:

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
they all voted for the referendum because they all assumed the Remain camp would win it, so never have to address how or what to do if Leave won. and here we are, a great triumph of democracy (how often do we have a direct vote on an issue) and everything is thrown to wind because no one has a clue what to do next. leavers cant organise or provide solutions, remainers want to twist every knife in a hope of abandonment. which is ultimately where this will go and we'll have a decade or so of recrimination of how unfair and undemocratic it all is, and look forward to arguing the toss with EU over every regulation and directive, with them know full well we'll accept and implement everything as we did for 40 years. ho hum.

I do think you are right about that, im going to make an appointment with my mp to ask the question and see what answer they give.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I wasn't and said so on here. Also predicted the Trump victory. And Corbyn becoming PM.... (ok, 66% hit rate....so far)

There is also a big difference between whining, and shaking one's head sadly. But anyone not recognising this cluster**** for what it is needs to be whined at, I suspect. Till their head aches with the sound of it.

I have no comment to make to anyone who thinks Brexit at any cost and with no deal is all they want for their emotional equilibrium, but those who still argue it will have any number of small benefits strike me as delusional and ludicrous, which is why I have blocked those among them who post on NSC.

I like this thread, though. It cheers me to see how actually few the real thundr***** number. And I still have less than ten of them blocked. Good luck lads - it seems your gene pool is outmoded :lolol:

So you can't abide a democratic vote and moan about it until hopefully in your warped eyes it is rescinded. You like chucking abuse but don't like receiving it looking at this thread.

Jan 30, 2008
project fear again and again , lovely scenes , Get a grip boys we're leaving, spin it as much as you want but it's all going one way and that's out of the EU :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you can't abide a democratic vote and moan about it until hopefully in your warped eyes it is rescinded. You like chucking abuse but don't like receiving it looking at this thread.

Can't abide a democratic vote?????

Moan about it????

Warped eyes????

Oh I love receiving abuse about as much as you do, I suspect. Where I chucked it is, however a mystery.

And what that has to do with anything is anybody's guess.

You sound like you actually care so I won't block you. Yet. But . . . . try not to be such a tit. I am not what you think I am.

:shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can you not stop this continuous whining on FFS.

This thread has turned into constant moaning from certain posters lately.

Be Happy, you got what you voted for :shrug:

firstly you dont like my whine, yet there have been remainers whining non-stop for 18 fricking months? secondly, didnt get what i expected, do you know recognise surrender? its over we lost, turns out its too late.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Can't abide a democratic vote?????

Moan about it????

Warped eyes????

Oh I love receiving abuse about as much as you do, I suspect. Where I chucked it is, however a mystery.

And what that has to do with anything is anybody's guess.

You sound like you actually care so I won't block you. Yet. But . . . . try not to be such a tit. I am not what you think I am.

:shrug:

Time to put him on IGNORE

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
firstly you dont like my whine, yet there have been remainers whining non-stop for 18 fricking months? secondly, didnt get what i expected, do you know recognise surrender? its over we lost, turns out its too late.

This is exactly what you voted for.

At least have the balls to take responsibility for the result of your actions rather than try and blame everyone else?

It's not the EU, the Government or the remainers fault that we are where we are. It's because of you and people like you.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The ONLY reason that brextremists are terrified of a 2nd Referendum once Brexit details are clarified is the fear of losing. Dont come with that bullshit about the 'will of the people'

A vote on the withdrawal deal?
Knock yourself out

DdDPuYCXcAAYXrN.jpg

Assuming when/if we do leave the leavers will have no problem about us constantly bitching and complaining and campaigning to join the eu (on much worse terms).

Considering leavers on here have already said campaigning to rejoin after we have left (respecting the democratic vote) is the correct democratic path, you wont find leavers with any problems about that process.
I suspect though people would have hoped by then you could just focus on the campaigning part and might have, by then, got to grips with the decision to leave and finally dropped the “constantly bitching and complaining” bit.
But thanks for the heads up you intend to carry on with that.

A test is not a bad idea is it? There’s lots of things you can’t do unless you’re qualified. And surely voting on the future of a nation ranks higher than, say, the ability to drive a car?

A test for suffrage? F### Off Goebbels.

So after another 4 pages of whataboutery, I notice nobody has actually come up with any alternatives.

Whilst you continue to have conversations with yourself, it should be noted your frustration that you received a lack of attention (over an astonishing 4 pages), is more to do with the fact no one has understood a word that you have been prattling on about for months.
You have been 2+2=Fish for ages.

Some leavers on here are already talking about leaving the UK after Brexit, the cracks are starting to show

Even Nigel Lawson, Brexiteer in chief, is running away, applying for a carte de sejour, so he can access his French villa, after Brexit. I sincerely hope President Macron turns him down.

So what? Perhaps you can explain why, if you decided to vote to leave, a decision to move to another country now or in the future must, according to your Lilliputian mind group-think, be frowned upon and should even be be refused.
Are you really this insular?

You mean Lord Kerr, who has said we can just say we are revoking it, at any stage, right up to 29/3/19.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...sible-says-man-who-wrote-article-50-lord-kerr

No doubt when :lolol: the government decides to revoke Article 50 you will all, along with Gina cry foul and demand, via another court case, that the government cant revoke Article 50 at all and that Parliament must do it.

I wonder if the judge will point out that in a previous court case that Gina had in the Supreme Court, Gina had agreed (which no doubt you remainers agreed with as well) with the premise contained in the ruling judgement that said

“notice under article 50(2) (which we shall call 'Notice') cannot be given in qualified or conditional terms and that, once given, it cannot be withdrawn”

“It follows from this that once the United Kingdom gives Notice, it will inevitably cease at a later date to be a member of the European Union and a party to the EU Treaties.”

Why didn’t you say something before that you were on a blocking frenzy, you’ve missed an opportunity to go on about it……….and on and on and on and on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here